Occam's Razor? Yes, I took a chance....

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Guy Woodall

Guy Woodall Active Member

I have just used mine for the first time. I went for a pro guard on the number two plate. 4 days growth removed in 3 passes no noticeable irritation. Very happy for first use.
    For the record I used Fine snakebite soap and splash, very refreshing and also good for a cold

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

clint64 likes this.
  2. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Congrats. And yes, the menthol in the Fine Snakebite can clear up some serious sinus issues.... ;)

3. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I wasn't going to but I broke down and bought one. They had a "sale " so for $85 I went for it. Spent a little time playing with changing the heads and blade. I think it's pretty easy to get the blade in and out with or without the little tool.
    I went with a Feather Pro blade with the number 2 head and proceeded with my shave. No issues whatsoever for me. Aggressive enough in this configuration but not too much so. 2 pass near BBS or as I like to call it DFS. Really good and smooth.
    I have a couple of Mongoose razors one in stainless and an aluminum one so I am used to the wide head, no problem there. I like the weight and handling of the razor and it was nimble and easy to use. For a first shave it was great.
    I guess I'll have to keep it......
    Face rubbing goodness here.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    very-interesting-2 .jpg

Redfisher likes this.
  5. jar

jar Well-Known Member

Funny, I pulled mine out last night to use today and as much as I hate to admit it, the sucker simply works and works well.

Str8on2 and Redfisher like this.
  6. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I admit that I was a little leary of the whole "floating " blade idea but to shave with it you would never know.

Str8on2 likes this.
  7. Str8on2

A new and improved Occam's Razor is in the works. As per a recent pm conversation with the maker Luke Webster, there is a planned reduction in safety guard width, a hollowed out handle and some optional finish colors like brushed stainless, black and gold. Also for those that already have the first version there will be options on just purchasing the handle and guard assembly so one wouldn't have to purchase a completely new razor as the original heads will work with the redesigned one. It's on....

Shave Fu!!! :kar:

8. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

This is good news.

9. glassmtn

glassmtn Member

Very good news. The reduction in the safety guard should make shaving under the nose much easier. I like that the handle/guard may be purchased separately. Any news on the approximate time frame for V2?

eric.

Str8on2 likes this.
  10. Str8on2

Just that preliminary info for the moment. That was all I got out of the maker Luke Webster (Blades Grim). He wants to launch the advertisement as I believe it’s going to be another KS drive. He sent me a couple of pics but he asked me not to post them yet, at least not until their unveiling of the campaign which will be ready in a couple of days. Trust me, the prototypes look pretty darn nice. I’ll be posting them soon. :)

11. Str8on2

Just a couple of pics as they (Blades Grim) just launched their KS campaign for the V2 Occam's...... O.R.E.N. ( Occam's Razor Enhanced Nano)

OREN Razor.JPG OR Reductiong.JPG

12. Kypros Christodoulides

Where can we get the new outfit from?

13. jar

jar Well-Known Member

Well, signed up but not sure why other than possible future transfer of the razor. I don't have any issue getting under my nose with the current version.

14. Str8on2

No good...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  15. Kypros Christodoulides

Thank you, but it comes out as 404, no link.

16. Str8on2

17. jar

jar Well-Known Member

Try this link.

18. Kypros Christodoulides

This works thank you, but $21 shipping to Cyprus, I think I'll pass.

19. glassmtn

glassmtn Member

They are probably charging shipping at their cost. About two years ago, the US Postal Service significantly increased their international shipping charges. It is now very expensive to ship even small packages internationally from the US.

eric.

Bookworm likes this.
  20. Str8on2

The O.R.E.N razor is a really good performer. I also have the original Occam's razor and it also is a very good razor as well. But, I prefer the 2nd version as it feels easier maneuvering around the neck and tighter areas. I have never been bit by either version and frankly I find that you would have to intentionally be reckless to do so as the floating blade is designed to move within the contours of ones face to prevent or limit nics and cuts. The 2 dot with either a Schick Proline, Feather Pro or Super perform marvelously in both.

They're the best kept secret in the SE razor world...

F2A0EC44-8EBA-46FC-9642-917ED651AD10.jpeg