SOTD?

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by rmcintyre84, Mar 3, 2018.

1. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Is there a Shave of the Day thread just for cartridge shavers?

RyX likes this.
  2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Start one.

RyX likes this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I don't think so, RM, maybe you could start one and see if anyone else would post in it.

RyX likes this.
  4. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

I shave with a DE occasionally, but mostly I use a Fusion Proglide (although I've been absentmindedly calling it a Sensor Excel). Sometimes I feel like an unwanted cousin on the regular SOTD thread. No one says anything overt, of course; it's a great bunch of guys and gals. Just a feeling.

RyX and Smooth Steve like this.
  5. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I think newbies come into these forums with a zealousness of sorts, make comments that sort of chum the waters, and bring out the worst of who we are. For the most part, I don’t think there is any animosity to them or or their users.

I think maybe you should start a SOTD thread for carts. It probably isn’t going to be flooded with business, but neither is the Cobra Owners Group thread, or the Dual Comb thread, or whatever. But I would look in. Plus, it might draw more interest than you think.

RyX likes this.
  6. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

I participate regularly on the SOTD thread and never perceived anyone less for the gear they use or post. In fact I just used my carts and will be posting later today because I was traveling. All are welcome. I think you will get less comments on a cart when you post, because more folks tend to make remarks based on unique vintage or high end razors, but I would not let that discourage you from posting. In its essence, we are just a brotherhood of people with most that have found a common bond in the enjoyment of shaving. I agree with others that suggest starting a thread unique to carts, but you should never feel unwelcome. Enjoy your shaves and use what is right for you.
    Steve

7. RyX

RyX DoH!

It's all just recycled electrons - Start a trendy new thread! The straight razor guys have their discussions, and the single edge and injectors, too. I started up what was to be a Fat Boy Friday but became Adjustable Gillettes thread.
    Just no electric shavers, OK?

PickledNorthern likes this.
  8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Build it and they will come....

9. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Cart shavers do post in the existing SOTD.

EnglishChannel and mrchick like this.
  10. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

The advantage of specific forum threads that cater to a particular shaving device is one can select and participate in a more exclusive topic and avoid threads that hold little or no interest to the member.
    One of the downsides of further dividing up of broad forum categories (such as SOTD) into specific threads (only for DEs, straights, adjustables, etc.) is the loss of greater shaving community as a whole. I used to post in SOTD daily but now simply post in the main straight razor thread so I rarely encounter or interact with many TSD members who only post in the SOTD or DE or SE threads...