Qshave & Weishi partner up. Parthenon TTO adjustable.....

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

A member on another forum brought this very interesting razor that is being created on a joint venture between Qshave and Weishi to produce a TTO adjustable razor called the Parthenon. It has gone live via a KS campaign a few days ago and it looks promising. Qshave has a pretty successful razor in their 2 piece Futur clone adjustable and Weishi has been around for decades.
    Couple of pics below. Looks to be a very nice razor in the making.

c2153dcda9706da6b59c01208f8d87a7_original.png 1df4343914b88408f31bff4450ade8bb_original.jpg 15f88f541a2e9ad471cb491630c59582_original.jpg 7e164601fa17a1ecacb0b05f6168f9c1_original.jpg

Did I sign up? Absolutely. I have no shame. Proud of it too....

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    brit, BigMike, Keithmax and 13 others like this.
  2. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Worth noting that while the blade tray is Zamak the rest of the razor is plated brass.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Str8on2, Enrico and RyX like this.
  3. Str8on2

Correct. I read that on one of the other forums and then jumped over to the KS site and it was pretty much confirmed. I don't sweat that though, as I thoroughly clean, rinse and dry all my razors. Have never had a Zamak razor fail or corrode on me yet. Whether the chrome plating for the blade plate will be of good quality for durability, we shall see.....

Keithmax and jeraldgordon like this.
  4. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Plating quality is everything. I have 70 year old Zamak razors that have held up beautifully, newer ones not so much.

jeraldgordon and RyX like this.
  5. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Impressive! The comments by Shave are an interesting read in themselves. I gather they have been asked about making a Gillette-style adjustable and found it would be difficult to manufacture, directly comparing the experience of Rockwell with the delays in the release of the Model T. It sounds like the Parthenon is more of a streamlined Futur.

Str8on2 likes this.
  6. Str8on2

Very good comparison with the Qshave Futur clone. It does share a bit of a resemblence minus the tto feature.

7. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Interesting razor. I’ll have to follow the developments on this one.

8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I can't argue the value proposition but compared to the Model T it looks pretty cheesy. Which has no bearing on how it shaves of course. Do brass doors make it a better razor then the Rockwell? I guess we'll see.

9. Str8on2

Well, it might look a little on the cheapy side, but there's no denying that the razor as a whole is being constructed of quality brass, perhaps 90% of it anyway. Also of note, it will adjust fron 1-9 on the dial.
    Could also be a shot across the bow towards RockWell? Who knows, but as you stated, none of it really matters except for the quality of shave it can potentially deliver.

RyX likes this.
  10. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Well I wouldn't say it's all that matters, nor are materials a substitute for build quality. As well constructed as Gillette's adjustables are the complex design is prone to doors getting misaligned and such. It may not affect shave quality but it sure is annoying. It's one of the reasons I prefer simpler two or three piece designs. Again we'll see how Weishi does.

178-bplatoon and RyX like this.
  11. Str8on2

Point taken.

12. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Kind of hard to resist at $49.

13. Str8on2

Yeah, nice price. But to be honest, they had me at "adjustable tto"..... :angry021:

chrisgeeo likes this.
  14. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Yep.

I bailed on the Rockwell back in July when their narrative started getting inconsistent and a little strange. Hopefully, folks who stuck with them will get what was promised.

I have a weakness for adjustables; they're the only type DE I've used for over a dozen years. For $49 I'll probably jump on this, too.

Str8on2 likes this.
  15. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

if only that blade tray was brass but then the whole piece looks complicated to be done via molded brass, I almost jumped on this!

This is a huge disappointment for me because I always wanted an all brass adjustable TTO razor, oh wait....

[​IMG]

Move along, nothing to see here, just rubbing it in lol

KenH, RyX, jeraldgordon and 1 other person like this.
  16. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

What I find promising is people/manufactures are getting on board with the wet shave community and designing new stuff.

brit, DesertTime, RyX and 2 others like this.
  17. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

It will be interesting to see how much re-engineering is done vs cosmetic changes from the Gillette adjustables.

18. chrisgeeo

chrisgeeo Well-Known Member

Nice looking Razor! I jumped in on this one....ALL THE WAY IN....Got the razor, cover, blades , brush and bowl....Guess I can't take with me when I die Anyways.....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

19. Str8on2

That’s the spirit!! :happy096:

DesertTime and chrisgeeo like this.
  20. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Where might I sign up?