Fatboys

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Kevinwine85, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Hm. Too bad that clouds of steam are hard to image. That's what I think of when I think of hot water.

Still - good job, @RyX.

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Enjoy! I swiped the flames from a free image website, and been collecting fonts for a couple decades. Let me know if I can push the pixels a different way to make it better.

The next option is an animated GIF, but those take more time. I'm all about instant gratification when it comes to making flashy banners.

Herm2502 and Dansco like this.
  3. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

RyX likes this.
  4. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Thank you! But, no Slim...only Fat.

Herm

Enrico likes this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

It's what all all Slims wish they could be. :happy102:

Herm2502 and RyX like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Tag me first time you use it so I can see how it looks in the SOTD thread. . I noticed the PNG file didn't display on Tapatalk app. Might transmorgrafy it into a GIF. I like the transparent upper part that lets the website background show through the flames.

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I dunno why I said slim. Old timers I guess. My statement on it's beauty stands though.

Herm2502 likes this.
  8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Fatboy Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Musgo Real
    Jayaruh #266
    Gillette 195 Fatboy on 7
    Astra SP
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Vegetal

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Musgo Real Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #266 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Gillette 195 Fatboy Razor on 7 using an Astra SP blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Vegetal AS. It was a fantastic shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    TestDepth, RyX and chrisgeeo like this.
  9. Kevinwine85

Kevinwine85 Well-Known Member

I had a good shave this morning with the Fatboy, Omega boar brush, Stirling barbershop and skin bracer, and I had no choice but to say "Thanks I needed that".

RyX, TestDepth and chrisgeeo like this.
  10. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Thanks, I figured. Now I need a 1960 to fill in my collection of every 5 years.

Herm

11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Fatboy Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Soap Commander Renewal
    Jayaruh #271
    Gillette 195 Fatboy (7)
    Astra SP
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Florida Water

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Soap Commander Renewal Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #271 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Gillette 195 Fatboy Razor on 7 using a Astra SP blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Florida Water. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Enrico likes this.
  12. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Funny, haven't looked in a long time, but was thinking they're much lower now. Seems like very nice go $40 to $60 now, whereas they used to push up to $80 plus and never go under $50. Maybe I'm wrong... does eBay show price trends like a hagerty valuation? Now I'm curious. Worth it even at $80? YES. They ain't making any more!

Enrico likes this.
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Fatboy Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Sterling Lime Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #277
    Gillette 195 Fatboy
    Astra SP
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Lucky Tiger

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Sterling Lime Shave Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #277 silvertip badger brush. I did two passes with the Gillette 195 Fatboy Razor using an Astra SP blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Lucky Tiger AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Col C, Dansco and Jim99 like this.
  14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sod180413.JPG
    Fatboy Friday's Shave

zcws.gif

Proraso Pre Shave
    Jeff's Soap
    Jayaruh #268
    Gillette 195 Fatboy
    Astra SP
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Pinaud Clubman

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. Jeff's Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #268 synthetic horse brush. I did two passes with the Gillette 195 Fatboy Razor using an Astra SP blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Pinaud Clubman AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

DaltonGang likes this.
  15. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Fine looking brush.

16. Kevinwine85

Hey gents, is it normal for a Fatboy to make a squeaky type noise when opening the butterfly doors? I rinse and dry after each use?

RyX likes this.
  17. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

No, but a few drops of Mineral Oil should do the trick.

RyX likes this.
  18. kfbrady

kfbrady Well-Known Member

The problem with mineral oil, or any oil for that matter, is that it encourages the build-up of crud, which is probably why Gillette never lubricated razors when they manufactured them.

RyX likes this.
  19. Kevinwine85

Where can I purchase Mineral oil

Bobcat and RyX like this.
  20. kfbrady

kfbrady Well-Known Member

Any drugstore will have it. It's used for a lot of things including cosmetic and medicinal purposes.

Bobcat likes this.