Blade disposal

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BigCabDaddy, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Mine used to be a gum container. WP_20150323_001.jpg

WP_20150323_001.jpg

2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I have an old vitamin bottle that I cut a slit into the cap and glued it on. I'm just gonna chuck it when the time comes. Probably tape the slot closed first.

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I use a large Rx container, cut a slit in the top and you're good to go. Simple and free. image.jpeg

4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

+1 same here.

Ahh Oui, RaZorBurn123 and BigCabDaddy like this.
  5. idvsego

idvsego Well-Known Member

I use that as well. When it is full I tape it up and label it, then toss it. I shave almsot everyday and it still takes a while to fill one up. Longer than it takes to empty another one at least.

Ahh Oui, Jayaruh and Robyflexx like this.
  6. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Yes they hold a surprising amount of blades. :happy088:

Ahh Oui and Jayaruh like this.
  7. hrairy

hrairy Well-Known Member

Thanks. Going to have to make one of these. Great idea.

BigCabDaddy and Robyflexx like this.
  8. rustypixel

rustypixel Active Member

I kind of never thought about it and always use the paper from a freshly opened blade to wrap the old blade then snap it in half and toss.

BigCabDaddy likes this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

jeraldgordon and John Beeman like this.
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Blade banks are great to have so you do not have sharp blades laying around for curious children to play with like when I was a child. The homemade one blurs whats in there and the magnetic business card holds my current blade using, made that one when first started DE shaving and that is one is my go to, the dice stays on top to count the # of shaves for that blade. The tall one is a piggy bank the wife bought me at a garage sale and it will hold enough blades for a generation or two:lyrtuy5:, it could disappear some day to another garage sale or another use. The nice thing about biggy banks they come in all size and shapes. The third one is a plastic Personna blade holder and on the back of it is a spent blade compartment that can hold over 40 spent blades from what I have been told. "DON'T THROW SPENT BLADE INTO WASTE BASKET IF NOT WRAPPED SOME UNKNOWING PERSON COULD GET SERIOUSLY HURT"
    There are all kinds of neat blade banks that people like because of their oddites and also have a practical purpose, some of the older medicine cabinets had a slot in the back for blades to drop in the wall studs void.(out of site out of mind!:eek:)
    Have some good shaves!

[​IMG]

11. Bama Samurai

If you don't have a blade bank, hide them in your candy stash. ;)

Ron R and Enrico like this.
  12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Apples :eek:

13. Bama Samurai

That too!

14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We use these too. The lid snaps securely shut between uses. When done, we label it and tape the lid shut, just to be on the safe side, before it goes in the recycling bin.

Robyflexx likes this.
  15. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:)

16. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

This only works if your recycling takes glass. Here the town does not take glass at all. There is a different place that takes glass if you collect it separately and bring it in yourself. I'd guess that because of this; 99% of the people in town don't recycle glass. I'd also guess that; at least 10% put glass in the recycling not even knowing it won't be recycled.

17. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I've always lived in older homes with a blade slot in the medicine cabinet. If my home ever blows up, they'll be some serious shrapnel blanketing my neighborhood.

Bookworm and Bama Samurai like this.
  18. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Enrico likes this.
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'm tempted, but I'll wait for now (been buying many brushes). If I get one, I won't personalize it either; in case I want to sell it or past on to my boys.

20. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

After better'n two years, it's not even a quarter-full yet. I have a ways to go before thinking about disposal.

Enrico likes this.