Qshave & Weishi partner up. Parthenon TTO adjustable.....

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Good news, the first 200 seem ready to ship out to customers/backers. Quick update:

Update May 7th 2018
    Posted by QSHAVE (Creator)
    linked_image(4).JPG
    Hi all,

The first batch of Parthenon razors about 200 pcs are ready. Looking good! We are doing the final quality check and packaging. We will ship them out based on the backer number.

The rest of razors are already in production. They will be ready very soon.

Regards,

QSHAVE TEAM

Keithmax, DesertTime, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
  2. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

It looks like I'll be shaving sooner with the Parthenon than with the model T.

3. deniro444

deniro444 Member

Being Greek myself, I have to go with the Parthenon! Ελπίζω μια μέρα να δω τον πραγματικό Παρθενώνα.

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Είδα τον Παρθενώνα όταν πέρασα το καλοκαίρι στην Ελλάδα όταν ήμουν εννιά χρονών, όμορφη.

5. deniro444

deniro444 Member

Μπράβο φίλε! Δεν έχω πάει στην Ελλάδα από το 1995! Ελπίζω ότι θα πάω το επόμενο έτος.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  6. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Ήμουν εννιά χρονών, πήγα εκεί το καλοκαίρι του 1969. Θα ήθελα να ξαναπάω άλλη μια φορά.

7. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

It's good to see they're exceeding their time commitments, even after making a change to the head. A change like that to the Rockwell Model T would have cost at least a 3 month slip (and i'm not exaggerating).

Has anyone seen a retail price on this razor yet?

8. Str8on2

I believe it will stay at the $49.99 price mark but with no blades. If you go to the Qshave website, it's been posted there for awhile with that price point.

9. DesertTime

Thanks. That seems like a terrific price for a razor with those features. My guess is if the reviews are just decent, they'll sell a ton of them.

10. Kypros Christodoulides

When you do, make a detour to Cyprus,you have a place to live here.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  11. Kypros Christodoulides

The Parthenons are shipping out. New update a few min. ago.

Keithmax and DesertTime like this.
  12. Str8on2

Excellent results from their start up to production of units. And very transparent on a couple of their issues with the black coated razor and shipping snafu. Very well done on their part with good customer service to back it up..... :happy088:

Keithmax and DesertTime like this.
  13. DesertTime

Hopefully, we'll see some reviews soon.

The lack of reviews for the model T is curious and suggests not many folks have received their razor. Rockwell has been rather opaque with the number of razors actually shipped, even when asked directly several times. QShave tells their backers exactly how many razors they're shipping and when.

Str8on2 likes this.
  14. DesertTime

Many users have reported receiving their razors and a couple provided mini-reviews. Also, there were a couple of reported issues with the adjustment mechanism and coatings, which QShave addressed immediately.

Overall, it seems like a well run campaign. QShave has been very transparent when issues arise and have worked to get their product out ahead of schedule. Some quality issues on the first full-production runs are expected and the number of defective razors will go down as more razors are produced.

Folks who backed this product should be pleased (I missed out). Congratulations.

Str8on2 likes this.
  15. DesertTime

I did not back this project, but I did pre-order. I just received shipping notifications that my black handled razor shipped.
    I was surprised. I guess that means they completely fullfilled KS commitments and are now working through pre/early orders.

Str8on2 and Ron R like this.
  16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Looking forward to your review, there are some excellent features on this razor I like as a engineering perspective with the TTO and the grooved safety bar. Not sure what the material they used but Weishi has been around so quality should be up there IMO.

Frijolero, Str8on2 and DesertTime like this.
  17. T_I

T_I Active Member

Same here, got news my black Parthenon was shipped last Monday. I read that they had issues with the black finish, so they were delayed. Looks like we were put in the same shipment.

Frijolero likes this.
  18. jar

jar Well-Known Member

Mine has made it as far as ChiTown.

DesertTime likes this.
  19. T_I

T_I Active Member

I just got mine...

[​IMG]
    Looks good, feels even better, I think this will be the main razor, heavier then the Slim adjust and the handle is even longer then the Slim Twist. Will do the first shave tomorrow.

20. DesertTime

Was the case extra? Very nice looking razor. Looking forward to your review of its shave.