AOS soaps (refills and bowls) half price

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Baloosh, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

2. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Awesome link to an awesome deal. I know I said I had enough, but this was too good to pass up.................

3. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

exactly...:ashamed001

4. Ohhhhhh, that IS a nice deal,

Sigh, it even happens to be for a soap on my very short list of things still to be tried. I keep hearing about how good this product is, and I'm definitely gonna have to try it at some point. I seem to be using mostly triple mills now (most with tallow as well), as I find em the best for all around performance. Funny how things have worked out.

I looked at the site, and the seller has a very good rep, so there shouldn't be any problem ordering. Heh, I also looked around to see what other products were offered......just for the heck of it. Also, I know I'll be ordering a jar of the AOS cream soon, and wanted to check the price (same as all the other vendors). Normal price is actually a pretty good deal anyway, since a 5 ounce container only runs $22 wherever it's sold. Cheaper than T&H, and excellent stuff.

However, they also stock an AOS item rarely seen, but one I will also have to try at some point. This is the 'rose' scented SC that came out about a year ago or so. Got some nice reviews, and is made with Rose Absolute (no idea what rose variety was used). This is marketed as a woman's shaving item, but that's really not the case. It does have a pump dispenser, which is odd I know, but not a bad thing. I can't say for sure if it's a different formula base than the other AOS creams, but I'd still like to try it. As I said, it got mostly favorable press.

Also, although not cheap, it's not incredibly pricey at $30 for a 150 ml container. Should last a very long time, since I'd imagine not much is needed per shave. Just a thought for any rose lovers out there.

Yeah, if I hadn't just bought more soaps from Paul recently, I could do a bit more shopping. Heh, even though it's a great price on the AOS refills, I'd be too tempted to 'save on shipping' and load myself up with other items as well. This site has some nice fragrance houses also.........sheeesh.

Anyway, thanks Jason for the link.
    Martin

5. rollsshaver

Martin,

One thing you should know about the ROse cream. It gets runny for some reason. This does not in any way bother the wonderful shaving characteristics of the cream. It is just odd.

On another note, I got my six refill pucks. How about ya'll?

6. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

soap w/ bowl.....sandalwood, lemon, and lavender......probably selling 2.....maybe for a profit!

7. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Damn it, damn it, damn it! I REALLY don't need anymore soap, but this is too good to resist. If you didn't notice, they give free shipping on orders of $50 or more, otherwise the shipping is $6.45.

As for worrying about whether the merchant is okay to buy from, remember, this is Amazon, not eBay -- they take care of their customers.

And wasn't that an impressive review that "Jose" left about the wooden bowl, my fellow metrosexuals? :happy102

8. rollsshaver

Only Lemon and Unscented left in the refills..................................

9. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Just to let you all know, there is a limit of 1 on the sandalwood bowl.

10. rollsshaver

Somebody posted about this over B&B and now they are just about sold out. That really bites for us at TSD.

11. Hi there,

Thanks for the info...I do remember a few members mentioning the sometimes runny nature of the cream. That's only while it's in the container......right? I figured the base might be different from the other AOS creams, since they tend to be medium thick in density, but I'm glad to know you found the stuff to be worth buying.

I'd heard the scent was very nice, but subtle. I do like the rose fragrance of QED, but the stuff is so strong! I was thinking a softer type of rose might be a more often used version than the QED. You ever sniff that stuff Charles makes? Whew.......a real blast of rose, and one that lingers for hours after my shave.

I'm gonna have to hold off on the soaps on sale right now.......man, I have bought a LOT of soaps recently. However, a jar of the unscented AOS SC is now on my short list........sigh. I've been very impressed with how the cream performs during the 3-4 shaves I've tried it with. Lathers amazingly easy, and very effective on my face. Sheesh, it never seems to end......heh.

Anyway, congrats on adding 6 new pucks to your shaving arsenal.....your whiskers should be very ascairt.
    Martin

12. rollsshaver

Martin,

If you have to sell some stuff off, I would highly suggest getting at least one refill puck of AOS unscented. If you think the creams are good, you will go googly over the soaps!!

AS for QED's soap. I was never really impressed with the actual performance of his soap. The scents are great, but that is about it.

13. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Wow, down to unscented bowls. I just squeaked in my order for Lavender and Sandalwood. :happy005

14. Hi again,

Hehe, I find it difficult to sells things......I sorta get used to having em in reserve. Yeah, I have multiple pucks of IK and maybe a few other soaps in quantity, but sell some of em? Nah........I'd just have to buy more of the same and include it on my next order from the vendor........heh. Yeah, I know how my mind works.

Sounds like the AOS soaps WOULD be exactly the kinda addition to my small rotation, since I mostly use triple mills now. Thing is, I now have 3 of those types in use, and I have very few creams at all. Hehe, that's not true.......I have a bunch of creams, but I rarely ever use any of em. Most just don't grab me, for whatever the reason. I do have two different ones I still use though.

The only AOS soap that interests me would be the lemon. I haven't sniffed the puck, but the cream is one of the best lemon scents I've tried. I'd guess the puck would be about the same, except maybe not as strongly scented.

On the other hand, the unscented cream makes more sense to me right now, since I do have so few creams I like using. I can turn it into a great version of lemon, bay rum, lime, or even GIT. Yeah, the assorted EOs I have just take a second to mix with the unscented base, and done deal! A very nice vendor named Jean over at www.mytimebathandbody.com included some when I'd ordered from her a while back, and it's been very handy. Actually, she might be one to order a sample from if you haven't in the past. Her soft shaving soap is tallow based, with silk added to the mix as well. It's one of the better small vendor creams I've tried, although it's a different animal than most. There, I can be an enabler also.......heh.

I enjoy the performance of QED soaps, and the stuff lathers ridiculously easily. No, it's not gonna leave my face feeling like the IK does, but those soaps have a lot of fragrance added (not a bad thing at all). The sandalwood scented soap is unmatched by any other sandalwood product I've ever sniffed.....and that goes for any EdT as well. Plus, all of his soaps are very slick, and my razor slides easily over my face.

Anyway, I'll be expecting to say "Great Googly Moogly" when I do finally try a puck of the AOS lemon.

Oh, I apologize if I partially derailed this thread........looks like it's gonna be short lived anyway though.
    Martin

15. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I had 2 earlier but emailed to switch. 1 of each now

16. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

I ordered 2 Sandalwood bowls (albeit before I posted the link) ;)

17. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

They should be sold out by now. Too good of a deal to pass up.

18. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Which is probably what created the limit. :D

19. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Mah bad!

I also ordered a Lemon refill and a Lavender refill. :o

20. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I got the Lavender and Sandalwood bowls, and then added a Lemon refill to get the free shipping. So in essence, the refill only cost me $6.55.

And I kid you not that I got in right under the wire because almost immediately after I placed my order, it was down to Unscented bowls.

Argh! Between this and my Caswell-Massey order, I have dropped over a $100 on new soap in the last couple of days! :happy102