Open Comb DE's

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Shep, Feb 28, 2009.

1. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

i do what i can.

whacky097

2. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

and now I'm afraid.....very afraid.........

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

After awhile I have that effect on people.

Fuzzy

so what was this thread about originally anyway?

4. MsBlackwolf

It was OC razors I thought, but I mighta been wrong but I'm sure I was mistaken...

5. Sevenbark

Sevenbark Well-Known Member

R41 -15c

Are these two razors on par with each other. The R41 looks like the comb might be thinner and easyer to damage but there wasn't any alt. views. I have a 34c and like the feel but would like the advice of some that have tried the r41 and others that have the15c... Dave do you have a canopy bed for when it is raining?

6. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

of course not. how else will i bathe?

7. MsBlackwolf

I have another OC coming in the same box as the SE. No mail on Sunday :sad029

8. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

This short tooth variation of the Gillette New is, in my opinion, the finest easily obtainable open comb razor ever made. The short teeth/low profile head give it a sort of fool proof angle adjuster for nick free gliding on ones face.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. MsBlackwolf

A beautiful razor! Thanks for the pictures :drool

10. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I had a very nice shave today with an Old I got from Bong. I think I'll use it the rest of the week to see how well I like it. So far I've been leaning more towards the milder razors (Tech, Slim, Fatboy, Blue Tip SS). But this open comb Old (did they make safety bar Olds) really did a good job today.

Now I need to try a New, and New Improved... maybe I'll start scrounging the antique stores and Craigslist again....

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have a old now.. I do like the shave.. will not replace my SE stuff.... but I do like the shave from it..has a couple very small cracks in the handle that you might expect. Cheap sucker too.
    '
    Fuzzy

12. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

A look at what Rodd sent:

Razors 006.jpg

13. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

holy crap.

14. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

That was certainly a nice set to try out. I haven't tried the Sheraton or whatever open-comb TTO that is. How does its shave compare with the others?

15. Truckman

Truckman New Member

and now we know how the "O" face pic got taken! :happy102 :happy102 :happy102

very nice....

16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I agree with Dave..... Those are nice... :D

Fuzzy

17. Kratos

Kratos New Member

I have a gold Gillette OC that should be here in a few hours. I'm not sure what model it is, though. I also have Gem OC Micromatic I have yet to try. I also have a PS3 coming. I'll be at my mailbox. No calls.

18. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I am glad you are enjoying them! They are a very different shave, but not in a bad way. I am always amazed by how different the subtle changes make the shave feel too.

edit: Where's the bar handle NEW? ;)

19. JohnInPeoria

JohnInPeoria Member

Yes, yes it is!

:)

20. Blades

Blades New Member

I have an open comb in a box of razors that I haven't tried yet. I think I'll dig it out, and give it a whirl.