Open Comb DE's

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Shep, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

I'm glad you made this post Rodd; it was lost in the foam peanuts. Fortunately I saved the box as I was planning to use it to ship back to you. We got lucky! That one could have ended up in the city dump! :eek: It's safe and sound in the cabinet now. Will get to it eventually.

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

LOL no actually it was not. I know you will get it out when you can :D

I do not have a new.. only a new improved. You do not like the sheraton?

3. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

The sheraton's a great razor- but a bit mild for my tastes. Is the new improved an open comb?

4. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

(oldest)>old, new improved, new(newest)
    New is my favorite of the 3 also the most aggressive.

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yes it is... I love it.. it was my first open comb DE I got... now i have the OLD too with the 102A head.

6. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

[​IMG]

Rodd sent me the name list on these, but I'm no good at remembering what's what. So far the one I really like is the Gold one on the right. It was a great shave. Haven't tried them all yet though.

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That I beleive is a new improved like I have. great shave.. but I think my OLD is better.

8. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I agree with Fuzzy.. it is a type of New Improved. Don't know which particular addition that was... I suppose you have the case to know.

9. Blades

Blades New Member

I'll have to post a pic of the Gillette I have, maybe someone can tell me more about it.

No SE for me just yet, I'm still getting use to the DE. I don't understand the how or why the comb head will be closer, but I'll give it a try. :)

10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yes yes yes pictures are a must., don't make us come find you:D

11. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Seriously?

Hope ya get it. I am not even going to look for it. Really....

12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

You already found it huh?

13. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Nope... and I am not looking. I await for Rodd to be victorious and post.. I am not going to buy any more razors (for now). I was very bad this last month.

14. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Yep, it is a NEW Improved. This one is actually a Bostonian, but the same razor came under multiple names depending on which case it came in. There is also a NEW Belmont DeLuxe in the pack that looks very similar with a NEW head in the pack. That one is fairly rare.

Yeah, I will post lots of pictures once I secure one. I will have one, hopefully this one, but even if not, I will get one... ;)

15. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Rodd, you better take a deposit for your traveling open comb set ;)

Do the new heads with the little tabs on each of the 4 corners shave much different from the ones without? I think I have seen the style of head I am talking about on the red black sets.

16. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I haven't gotten a single PM about it yet. :confused: Once Shep gets towards the end of these I will probably make a new post, see if anyone is interested.

The little tabs in the corners actually fit in the corners of the blade, so they don't actually touch the blade at all, or change the angle or anything. I have not noticed any difference in shave. I actually have an Old type that has the tabs also. I have only seen one other, but I think people just don't notice.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

OK, now I will have to check my NEW Goodwill when I get home. It has the scooped out indents beneath the tabs, but I don't recall the tabs. Hmmm..

Maybe nobody here has sent you a PM because we are all waiting to see that OC Slant go in the box. :D Seriously, it is a great offer, but I wonder if most of us following this thread at this point are the ones with several OC already.

18. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

I'm thinking Justin is right. Most of us in this thread have at least 2 OC's already. (2 is a conservative guess since I already have 4 and I've been DE shaving for 1 month) Razors are kinda like potato chips huh, can't have just one!

19. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

I'm laughing that any of you think I'll be mailing these razors onward anyway. :signs136 Buuuuwaaaaahahahahahahah!!!!

20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Rodd I will go break his knee caps for you ..but he has Ms. Jackie there so it cost a good bit extra.:D