My Gillette Collection: 1914-1976

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Proraso Man, Mar 15, 2009.

1. ctakim

ctakim Member

Just a thought, but what is it going to look like in 3 more years?:eek:

2. akhorosh

akhorosh New Member

It is incredible collection. You are saying it took less then 3 years to collect?

3. Hanspleasure

Hanspleasure New Member

Is it possible you could show us a close up of your Senator in it's case?
    Thanks!!

4. Proraso Man

Proraso Man New Member

Sure- when I have the camera out next no problem. I'm not certain that the senator goes in the black and tan case that I have it in- I heard that it may, however. The other option would be simply a fat handle gold tech.

Yes this is only 3 years....

5. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Now I feel good about my collection. Only have eight of them plus a striaght. I have a strict policy - NEVER BUY ANYTHING I CAN'T USE ONCE A WEEK. And eight is pushing.

6. Hanspleasure

Hanspleasure New Member

I have one that came in the black and tan case as well.. so that makes another one including a few more on the Bay I've seen. I tend to think the Black and Tan case may have been used for a couple different razors.

7. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

That's a very impressive collection.

Are you married? I don't ask to be rude. I'm merely noting that many wives have kept the DE user/spouse in their lives from exorcising his RAD demons. :D

8. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

From an old married man this is not always true, some can keep the acquisition disorder away while others only usher it in the front door. One of my pearls of wisom is Generaly Never Generalize. And thats true here to my Mrs started the whole acquisition disorder off.

9. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

I didn't generalize. I didn't say all or even most wives. I said many. ;)

10. Eeeek

Wowee
    I finally found where half of the Earth's metal material had gone to.
    Great collection man! Damn, must've took you years to gather all that.
    Anyone with a metal detector is sure to find your house anywhere on the planet and to think scientists started speaking the Earth's magnetic field shifted to your state! Be sure the shelf doesn't fall on anybody or they will look like Pinhead from Hellraiser, and I pitty anyone who enters your home with a magnet! I haven't PMed you in a long time, hows everything?

11. Teiste

Teiste New Member

OUTSTANDING COLLECTION!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

12. saltypete

saltypete New Member

That collection is amazing. Wow!!

Pete

13. alex2363

alex2363 Member

like a dreamland fantasy wow

14. Trint

Trint New Member

Thanks for bringing this thread to the surface so I could have a look at that awesome collection!

15. Goodknightbri

Goodknightbri New Member

This is the nicest collection I've ever seen. Great presentation! What a piece of history.

16. gman41

gman41 Member

Nice all around

Nice collection and nicely displayed as well. Bravo.

17. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Wonderful collection and there are a lot of like new looking razors. And, I will give you a brand new $5 bill for that 1958 D1 Toggle on the fourth shelf.:rofl

18. StephenDE

StephenDE New Member

...king Gillette?

19. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

I couldn't find the appropriate emoticon for this-it would be a tongue hanging out with saliva dripping off of it.

20. Absolutely Fantastic display! (Think I saw an open space... 3rd shelf, halfway back, and on the left)... hee hee. Beautiful machines you have there.

- Troy
    The Groom Room
    Men's Grooming Center & Salon