Blade sample packs

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Gelf Lover, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Gelf Lover

Gelf Lover Member

Here is a list of vendors that carry D/E blade sample packs. I am not endorsing any vendor or pack. If you know of another vendor that carries sample packs please post it here so I can include them in this listing. I have broken them down by region but don't let that mean that you can't order from them if you are not in their region.

US Vendors

The Shave Den Store
    Bullgoose Shaving
    DeRazorBlades.com
    Amazon.com - Details for Men
    Shoebox Shaving
    West Coast Shaving

Canadian Vendors

Fendrihan
    Rasage Poulin

European Vendors

Connaught Shaving
    The Dutch Shaving Shop

2. Kratos

Kratos New Member

May as well throw Amazon into the mix. That's where I got my first one.

3. michiganlover

michiganlover Member

4. Teiste

Teiste New Member

I wish I knew about the sample blade packs when I switched into DE back in january.It would have saved me money and some disappointment....This thread is gonna be really useful for newbies.Thanks for posting it guys.

5. PeterS

PeterS Member

I love trying out different blades so I got the pack from Connaught and it's got quite a large selection.

I spotted this one from the Netherlands.

The Dutch Shaving Shop

Pete

6. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    TSD store sells many by the single pack. Pick a few and assemble your own sample pack.

7. Gelf Lover

Gelf Lover Member

Details for Men and DeRazorBlades.com are from the same vendor. The sample packs are the same. I'll start working on putting up Amazon links as well. Thank you for the Dutch Shaving Shop link.

8. PeterS

PeterS Member

That's great advice. There are a lot of vendors who sell great blades but don't offer a sample pack. I always add a couple of packs of blades I haven't tried to an order. You can never try too many blades. :D

Pete

9. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

This way you can choose the blades you REALLY want to try. The blade review threads helped me decide what blades I wanted to try most.

10. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Any oddball brands in any of the packs?

11. michiganlover

michiganlover Member

I would avoid any blade sampler, that has Merkur blades in it. If your experience is at all like mine (and many many others) you are likely to try the first blade, find it to be horrid, and ditch the rest of the pack!!

For me, the Merkur's pulled, and skipped on the first shave like other blades do at the end of their life cycle. I couldn't even bring myself to finish the shave with them. :mad::mad:

12. Will

Will Nevermind

Nice thread, I think I will stick it for a while so when Blair sees it he can add it to the shopping list.

13. prochargerfreak2005

prochargerfreak2005 New Member

has anyone from canada here ordered from fendrihan if so how are they ?

14. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

ahhh wonderful, now i've found a shop in calgary as if that's going to help my ad!!!! procharger I just ordered some aftershave from fendrihan, they seem to have decent prices, although they carry some higher end stuff, decent shipping price, fast response, i can say I have no complaints as of so far.

15. Jaeger

Jaeger Member

A couple of Aussie vendors that I found on Google:
    Men'sBiz
    Kinetic Blue

I've just placed an order with Kinetic Blue; being able to choose your own sample pack is a winner!
    (10 x 5 blade packs for A$18.03 - inc. "standard" postage.)

16. saturnine

saturnine Member

I just received my sampler from The Superior Shave. It included several I don't see in a lot of other sample packs. Fast (& free) shipping as well.

17. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Did it include the Big Ben blades? If so, please let us know how they shave.

Mechguy likes this.
  18. saturnine

saturnine Member

It did, but I am uncertain as to the value of my opinion at this point in time.

For example, I have used a Personna Israeli Red for 3 shaves & have shaved twice w/a Dorco 301 & am too inexperienced to discern much difference between them. I believe the Dorco may be a bit sharper & smoother (I unwittingly took a hunk out of my neck on the 1st use). And those 5 shaves encapsulate the entirety of my traditional shaving experience.

19. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I see the point you are making. However, whether you are new to DE shaving or a veteran, a comfortable shave is a comfortable shave...don't sell yourself short!

20. Thanks for the info!