Got poor tired razors? I need help with project.

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Tforc, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tforc

Tforc Member

Ok If you have a nasty razor with plating missing and don't care what color it turns out to be, willing to mail it off i will refinish it and see if it appeals to people on going project. Will post pics, get feed back. Think the three piece razors with no cracks? but willing to try any even adjustable.
    PM me for address. Process might take a week or more depending on how much old finish is left.
    B :D
    PS Hint it wont be gold, nickel or chrome. And no i wont tell.

mondoj likes this.
  2. Tforc

Tforc Member

Takers

Ok I have a couple takers on offer will get busy and post pics when done.
    Feal free to Pm If you want to get your razor done. say cut off time of May 7 Thank you
    B:D

3. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

I moved this thread into the freebies section since you seem to be offering to do this service for free.

Tforc is this a service that you currently offer, or something that you are planning to offer in the future?

Lastly I want to state to our members that this offer was not brought up to the Moderator team beforehand and is not TSD endorsed, and while we certainly hope that Tforc has nothing but the best intentions with this offer, sending off your razors to Tforc is a risk and responsibility that you accept solely as your own.

4. Tforc

Tforc Member

I just see members giving away free stuff all the time, not planing anything, didn't know i had to run anything by anyone never read that rule. never had any intentions other than i am new to DE dint have crappy old razor to try and recoat only have one razor. If anyone doesn't wish to participate don't eventually i will find a razor. I was only trying to give back and if the participant can use the razor instead of it getting shoved to the back out of sight even better.

5. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

When people PIF away an item, then all they ask for is for someone to give them their name and shipping info so that they can receive an item, what you are asking for is a little different.

You are asking people to trust you enough to send you an item that belongs to them, and to have faith that you will return that item back to them.

Now I am not questioning your honesty nor integrity, but the fact is that if something goes wrong, the Moderators will be the first people called upon to help the member out. I was simply stating to our members that this was not a TSD endorsed action, as we knew nothing of this offer beforehand, and that they accept all risk involved.

6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I am sending him two razors. Like Bill mentioned, this is different than an ordinary PIF because there is some risk involved. If nothing else, there is always the risk that the original owner may not like the end results of Tforc's process.

However, I am interested in what process Tforc is going to use. In my case, both razors are in gnarly enough plating shape that I wouldn't PIF them. Actually, one of these razors made at least two trips through the old grab box. They are sitting at the bottom/back of a shelf and wouldn't be used or missed. So I can easily accept the risk.

7. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

I guess the coating is going to be a surprise, since it wasn't divulged in the initial post.:D

I'll be interested in seeing how it looks and think replating/recoating could be a good little niche market and service to our members.

I know the old fashioned chrome plating used to involve quite a bit of dangerous and caustic chemicals and new EPA laws seem to make plating an expensive business to get into.

Looking forward to seeing the results.

8. Tforc

Tforc Member

kinda fun ya think

I think it will be better than a worn looking razor, but thats my opinion. It is a experiment on razors. i have used it in the past, um don't want to give away the surprise. except it isn't krylon paint from home depot. its not metal. its not striping old plating off and buffing up the brass and going TA DA look what i can do. not craft paint that will wash off.
    are ya still curious? time will tell.
    B:sick007

9. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I've got a guess... but only because it is what I would do to a razor if I had the equipment or place to try it.

now, Tforc needs to ignore my guess so that he doesn't need to comment if I am right or wrong.

my guess (open)
    Powder coating - it is what I would try, if I could. Once upon a time I took at tour through Task Force Tips where they make fire nozzles. Those nozzles could take a metric boatload of punishment (being drug behind firetrucks, left in a fire, etc...) and the finish still held even if the nozzle was beat to tarnation. I would apply that process to a razor, if I could.

10. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

How about a Real Tree camo dip?

11. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Bedazzle that baby! :rofl

12. Tforc

Tforc Member

Dang

she guessed it ok will be useing blue and green plasti gems with unicorns and glitter. Or will i
    B:happy102

13. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

Actually, there are several places that sell kits for your spoiler. I've thought about trying one on other items.

Here's a link, SPOILER

14. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

True... but it still isn't something I can do in an apartment.

15. Tforc

Tforc Member

The first Before Pics

Got a package today with a long comb new to get started on got some pics of before so you can enjoy.
    B :eek:

Attached Files:

16. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well, another comb is in the mail coming to you!

17. Tforc

Tforc Member

First two canidates preped

Prepped the razors. Cleaned,steam clean,400 grit smoothed rough scratches,steam clean, wipe with acetone.
    Applying finish now.
    B:D

Attached Files:

18. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I am looking forward to the end product. I have a razor or two in mind that I would send, but I need to see what the end product is going to be first.

gorgo2 likes this.
  19. neanderthal

neanderthal Member

+1 :D

20. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well the razors that myself and others have sent in will provide that opportunity. It will be interesting to see the results!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.