Voskhod blade group buy -CLOSED

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by IAmTheJody, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Starting this thread so the other can be cleaned up from its hijack state and the group buy can be dealt with here... JoAnna should be moving posts related to the group buy from the other thread to here shortly...

rodd likes this.
  2. IAmTheJody

I'm in discussions with the company about ordering bulk directly from them. Maybe, with TSD's blessing of course, we can work out a group buy or something. Not sure what the rules are here at TSD on group buys so if I can work out a deal with the manufacturer, I'll contact mods about the TSD end of it. There's no sense in paying 50 cents a blade for these just because someone noticed everyone's sudden love for these blades and he's the only vendor carrying them. I don't know yet what they'll cost me but if I can get them for, for EXAMPLE, $10.00 a card (100 blades) then I imagine everyone being able to buy them for $13.00, $14.00 or $15.00 a card shipped. That should cover the $10.00 a card cost plus the shipping charged to send them to me and the shipping charged for me to send them out to group buy members.

Anyway, I'll follow up when I know more.

3. IAmTheJody

Just a quick note.. the U.S. contact person that Igor sent me to said they wouldn't place and get their order from Mostochlegmash (the company that makes the blades) until the Summer. Still going to work on Igor and getting them directly from Mostochlegmash instead of a contact person here in the U.S.

4. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

Keep us posted, if you can get a good buy on a group deal I'd buy a 1,000 just to help out with increasing the order size in case there's a minimum.

Did you ask about a required order size? Don't know if it would help or not but I have a business license if it's required to make an order. Maybe we could start a thread and see how big of an order we could commit to in order to make the group buy??

Let me know if I can help.

5. RABIDMONKEY

RABIDMONKEY Active Member

Id be down on a group buy as well for at least 5 cards .especialy if they are at a good rate

6. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

I would put in some as well. I would only be able to do a card or two but if it helps it helps right?

7. IAmTheJody

Another quick follow-up... looks like I've got a deal worked out but won't be able to have them until late this month or sometime in June. The good news is the price... a card (which has 20 5-blade packs for a total of 100 blades) will cost me 5 bucks. So a master case which has 40 cards will cost me $200 plus shipping from New York. I imagine, if we get a group buy together, these would sell for around 7, 8 maybe 9 dollars a card which would cover cost, shipping and PayPal fees. So stay tuned.. 7, 8 or 9 cents a blade is good stuff!

8. RABIDMONKEY

RABIDMONKEY Active Member

sweet , keep us posted

9. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Yes it is and that is exactly what I paid for my stash. Good show Jody!

10. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

Wow, that sounds good!

You can put me down for 500 (5 Cards).

11. NoahG

NoahG Member

I'm down.

12. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    +1
    500 for me, too.

Jody ROCKS! ::git

13. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

That is fabulous! Please count me in for 500!

14. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I would grab 200 if they are still available.

15. IAmTheJody

So it looks like we're at 17 cards claimed plus 6 cards for me (1 free, 5 paid for - if no one objects.. that's usually how group buys go, whomever puts it together gets 1 free for their time of mailing out everyone elses. If there's an objection to that, speak up.) which puts us at a total of 23 cards claimed, leaving 17 cards up for claim. I think Noah is the only one who claimed some but not a specific number.

I should also add that I don't see any reason to sell these in separate packs because the cost for a whole card is already super cheap and if someone decided they didn't like them after a few uses, I don't think they'd have any problems PIFing or selling them to someone else.

16. jcwit

jcwit Member

So whats a card cost? How are you working out payment? Approx availability?

Thanks

17. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I dunno about the freebies on a group buy...but I did not plan any for myself in the Tet buy either, nor do I care...

I have enough Voskhod's to last me for a looooong time. But, if there are any unclaimed cards when the dust settles, I will take them so as to make sure everyone comes out square.

18. IAmTheJody

That's how the Ted Pella SE blade and Ted Pella injector blade group buys were done over at that other "forum" - A free 1 to the person handling and shipping out the buy. But if there's objections to it, no big deal and no hard feelings and I'll pay for it. That 5, 6, 7, 8 dollars won't break me. They also added a buck to the price as a donation to the "forum". Not sure about doing that here in this case since the goal of this is to get these blades at the cheapest possible cost but without having TSD as an outlet to do this, we wouldn't be doing this so I can understand it.

19. IAmTheJody

That's to be determined because I don't know how much shipping is on the master case to get them from New York to me here in Mississippi. The base price is $5.00 per card plus whatever shipping to me is divided by 40 cards plus whatever it costs to mail your cards to you including PayPal fee. In the end, we're looking at somewhere around $6.00 to $9.00 a card (20 5-packs or 100 blades) making them 6 cents to 9 cents a blade - which is much better than the going retail rate of 25 cents a blade.

20. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

put me down for 3 cards. They aren't my favorites, but they are good enough at that price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.