Sea Buckthorn scent

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Hex, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Hex

Hex Member

I really like the EJ Sea Buckthorn ASB and have been unsuccessful in locating an alternative.

I have chatted with Mama Bears and HoneyBee to see if they could make something similar, all to no avail.

So, has anyone been able to identify what its fragrance is ? The reason I ask is that I wanted to try some of the samples from TSD store and would prefer to get a few scents that might be close, even if it's not exactly spot on.

To my untrained nose it's like a blend of cantaloupe and mango.

2. Birkut

Birkut New Member

3. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

I have a puck made by muhle that I got from west coast blades. i dint recall that it was overly expensive 8 USD i believe. As far as the smell, Its got me baffled Im not sure what it is but its very light and pleasant.

4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

It smells a lot like Wrigley's Juicy Fruit GumĀ® to me.

5. Mr. Imperial

Mr. Imperial Member

I use and love this soap. It's definitely citrusy, almost like a creamsicle.

6. Hex

Hex Member

7. Crankymoose

Crankymoose Member

To me it smells similar to T&H 1805, basenotes.net has a listing for 1805 but nothing for any Sea Buckthorn, I would be willing to bet if anyone would know about it or something similar it would be JoAnna.

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I haven't smelled the soap or Sea Buckthorn.
    But I'm willing to accept a sample for smelling purposes. :D

9. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Sample on the way..... :)

10. Hex

Hex Member

You beat me to it Dri. Did you send the A/S balm ? I think that it better demonstrates the fragrance. If no, I will send some.

I am eager to see what a properly trained nose comes up with. :D

11. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

I sent JoAnna the soap.

12. Hex

Hex Member

Oops, I didn't call you Bill because I didn't see it.

I'll contact JoAnna and see if she wants some of the balm in addition to the soap.

13. DClassic

DClassic Member