Don't Trust Kimson Handicraft!

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Joseph, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joseph

Joseph New Member

I purchased some merchandise from Kimson Handicraft through PayPay on Oct. 9, 2010, 11 months ago.
    Kimson assured me as recently as 7/5/11 they would ship.
    Two months later and still nothing! And Paypal won't assist because more than 45 days old.

2. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

Did you use a credit card? Call them, the actual card company should be able to help. Report the guy to the BBB

3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Nick, Kimson is in Viet Nam. Not sure the BBB would do any good.

I have had my own dealings with Vu. It took a very long time and his communication is spotty at best. I would recommend sending him daily emails through the ticket system on his site. It is a drag, but that is what worked for me. Persistence should not be required, but in this case is necessary.

4. Joseph

Joseph New Member

Nick & Dale,

Thanks, but I sent him emails for 11 months and he just kept "romancing" me.
    I paid with PayPal, not a credit card, and PayPal won't assist in a dispute for merchandise ordered more than 45 days ago.
    I found a thread on The High Road, discussing his pistol grips. The posters there say he's out of business and stiffed his customers.

5. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

I was just saying credit card, because I used my credit card with Pay Pal.

6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

There was an old thread from a few years ago on THR also where it took near 2 years for someone to get his pistol grips back that he sent to be used as a pattern. Have you tried sending him a message saying you want to cancel your order and for him to return your money? I haven't seen the one you mentioned though.

If you really would like a horn brush, there are a number of talented folks state side that could turn one for you.

7. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I really hate hearing this. His brush really is good, but this is not the first time i've heard of someone having troubles.

8. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

Wow, I hate you had problems, but I'm glad you posted this cause I almost ordered one last week!

Dale, who is turning horn brushes state side?

9. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Tony at TGN/Penworks turns buffalo horn...

[​IMG]

10. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Sorry that you are having problems and it is good that you are discussing it so others can be warned.

11. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Aside from Tony at TGN that Aaron mentioned, Rudy Vey has also turned horn brushes.

12. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

All of the "Horn" brushes that Tony currently has listed are described as, Acrylic or Faux, horn and ebony handles. I'm not saying he doesn't turn real horn, I just didn't see any listed. I would still order the fake horn from him anyway. I know I can trust him and the quality of his brushes, so I wouldn't risk ordering from Kimson Handicraft now....not after reading about the problems here!

13. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Yeah I would think that it would be a special order item.

If you want a horn brush send an email or give him a phone call.

14. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

I MUST NOT order another brush right now, I MUST NOT order another brush right now, I MUST NOT order another brush right now, I MUST NOT order another brush right now!

15. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Fixed that for ya!

16. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

He really hasn't updated his brush inventory in sometime, I think hes focusing more on pens and knives these days as far as inventory on hand.

17. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Just to deter myself from going off another AD cliff... why the need for horn?

18. kimsonvu

kimsonvu Member

@All: I didn't receive directly email to ask refund request from him. My support system said his case status is "HOLD". My staff already to ship it but it may lost by postal office. It is very common issue with Postal Office system. If he send directly email to me to ask refund, i could do immediately. I just send email to him today to send back money to his PayPal account.

About The High Road: All of member on that forums receive my order and free grips. If you read their post be-careful. I also send many grips as free for many member on that forum. Some of them resale it again without any review. But i never claim about that. Please understand my business, i do real thing and i always do right thing. I never take money or anything from someone as free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.