For the Williams users

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by HoosierTrooper, Dec 26, 2011.

1. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Just a heads up, the grocery store chain Krogers is clearancing out Williams soap. I cleaned out one store a few days ago that had it priced at $.69 a box, today I cleaned out another that had it priced at $.65. I stopped in a third one that was also $.65 and they had about 12-15 boxes. I'm going to give that store a few days to see if they drop it any more, if not I'll probably scoop them all up anyway.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  2. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

hmmmm... no Krogers in our part of the state, but it isn't like I don't have enough Williams to last a while anyway.

3. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

Isn't that one of the first signs of the Shavepocalypse? Should I be worried?

CyanideMetal likes this.
  4. AABCDS

AABCDS Member

What is the regular price? $.99? :)

5. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

used to be... getting closer to $1.50 in most stores that carry it in this area...

6. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

I may actually have to pick some up at this price. They usually go for $1.29 around here.

7. HoosierTrooper

$1.09 at Krogers. Not a huge savings of course, but we're all in this to save money, right?

CyanideMetal likes this.
  8. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Thanks for the tip, Tom.

9. CyanideMetal

Alright, went to Kroger this morning and found the Williams on clearance for .69.

Does anybody face load Williams by rubbing it on their face like a stick or is it best in a mug?

10. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I went to my local Kroger yesterday and they had zero. Not even a place on the shaving shelf for it. I don't like Williams myself but I figured at that price, I'd pick up several if for nothing else other than newb PIFs. Oh well...

11. CyanideMetal

I had to go to 2 stores before I found it and there were only 3 on the shelf. I've never tried it but wanted to give it a shot.

12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Don't get your hopes up.

Just sayin'.

13. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

I've always been able to get a thick lather out of Williams, but there is a trick to it...you have to use just the "right" amount of water. Too much and it's runny and thin, too little and you get tons of bubbles that look like lather but dry out once it reaches your face. I've never had any luck lathering it with a badger brush either (and I've been using Williams since the early 1990's).

My local Kroger was clearing it out for $0.59 so I got two pucks. They still had lots in stock, but I don't think they sell that much to begin with. The local Wal-Mart has VDH and it sells quickly.

Straight Arrow likes this.
  14. HoosierTrooper

Picked up six more today.

15. CyanideMetal

Yea, I won't sweat it. I'll probably give a 69 cents try.

swarden43 likes this.
  16. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

One of the other members on here told me to try n lather my williams with distilled water.....i could definately tell a difference...not a whole lot but its noticible for sure...id say you guys should try it and see if it helps you if you have trouble lathering williams....iv always done quite well with it anyways...the distilled trick just made it that much better and easier for me

17. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

OK, now you're just showing off. :p

SharpSpine likes this.
  18. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Now? :happy102:

Look, our friend Tom here has now found a subset of the shavepocalypses which is the Willamspocalypses and he is merely getting prepared, that's all!

HoosierTrooper and SharpSpine like this.
  19. CyanideMetal

I gave it an honest try this morning. I probably didn't try long enough, but I was in a little rush. After the first pass, I had to go to a QCS and finish up.

Funny, I can't really draw any helpful conclusions about Williams except that there is something seriously wrong with Tom. :signs002:

HoosierTrooper and SharpSpine like this.
  20. HoosierTrooper

I think the water makes a huge difference. I have very soft water thanks to a water softener and a reverse osmosis system and get really good results with the modern Williams.