The Custom Title Thread

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Queen of Blades, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Thought this might be a fun read for some folks.

So, list your Custom Title (the title under your username)
    Not everyone has a custom. If you don't have one, you can get creative and make up one for yourself, or even your friends. If the mods really like them, we might use them. As always, keep it friendly and TSD appropriate.​

Do mention your CT in your post, cause they could change in the future, and would render your post senseless.​

Then tell us how you earned the title, or how you think you earned the title.

I'll start;
    Mistress of Mischief (aka MoM)
    Well, anyone who knows me knows I like to have a little fun. (mischief)
    One friend in particular liked to call me MoM, being as I'm in a leadership role here and a female.
    and it is MoM, cause my name is JoAnna. (Capital letter, lowercase letter, capital letter)

Share em if you got em!

2. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

My custom Title is "Active Member". I think it is a play on words, since I'm not as active here as I'd like to be.

Seriously, I'd love to have the custom title of "Tarantula Shaver". My two hobbies: Keeping tarantulas and traditional wet shaving. Plus the fact that Tarantulas are know for being ultra hairy, but have you ever tried to shave one?

3. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I'm "Mister Personality". I managed to go years without earning a CT, far longer than any other active member I know of and the only Mod at the time without a CT. So in a response to a new member asking about custom titles, I mentioned I must not have enough personality to have earned one. The next time I logged in I had the CT.

MoM - good thread idea. I must say I've had fun coming up with a few CTs for people.

4. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

While I'm at it, GDCarrington should get the CT "Burma Shave" for his welcome to new members.

5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

My CT at the moment is "PIF'd away his custom title"

I have a habit of just showing up in a thread and giving stuff away, it is a compulsion I have.
    I wrote a bit about why I am compelled to PIF (pay it forward) over here.

Also, another reason for my CT is probably for inspiring March = PIF Month At TSD. You can read more about that over here and over here.

6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

TC eht dah I ,yad txen ehT .daerht a ni taef taht tuoba tnemmoc a edam I nehT .TC a tuohtiw stsop tsom eht htiw rebmem eht saw elihw a etiuq rof dna TC a gnivah tuohtiw emit gnol a tnew osla I

.krow lla yeht ,yaw rehtiE .eman resu ym fo esnes ekam dluoc elpoep os sdom yb tfel eulc a tsuj saw ti ebyaM .srehto sa noitcerid etisoppo eht smelborp krow I tcaf eht htiw od ot gnihtemos sah ti ebyaM .edutitpeni laicos ym htiw od ot gnihtemos sah ti ebyaM .sdrawkcab ma I ,haeY.

7. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Custom title == "Not Cute."

Made a comment of never being mistaken for cute, but then again no one here has seen me jogging in my speedo.

IAmTheJody, brit, BaylorGator and 8 others like this.
  8. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

I have no custom title, mine simply says "well known member" . I really enjoy the Den and the great people here.

Carbide Mike and Paul Turner like this.
  9. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

To be honest I can't remember EXACTLY how I ended up with Resistance is Futile. I have used it often in the past in posts to encourgage my fellow AD sufferers. I know that when I shop on line I still repeat the phrase frequently. I find it very calming:):)

10. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

It must be the Borg Cube Avatar, and a Trekkie with authority to change stuff on the site! ;)

Mine simply reads "Well-Known Member". I think it should read Well-Liked Member as my liked count is shy of 1000 and I don't have 900 posts yet! Or it should read "Closet Nerd", because lets face it...I grew up a Trekkie, enjoy my video games and fantasy books, and am probably the smartest in my family (I really enjoy whipping out the geeky facts about stuff when my little sister tries to show off her intelect :happy102:), oh and last I checked, I still qualified to join MENSA!

11. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

Mine's bgdaaaa, which is the proper name for Monday.

Like others, I'd been around here for a little while and I whined about not having a custom title. We'd come up with various names for Monday in the How's Your Day thread, when Jim (sol92258) posted a cartoon where the characters propose the bgdaaa name. I'll see if I can find the cartoon- it was funny enough to repost.

Anyway, we started using bgdaaa and the next time I logged in I had the CT. I like it.

EDIT Here is the link to the original cartoon. Jim embedded it in the HYD thread. I have no idea how he did it. Anyway, it's funny to see how my memory has edited itself. In the cartoon BGDAAA's a greeting and not the name for Monday. I like our usage better.

12. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Mine is a play on words between my user name and my addiction/affliction with menthol usage. It is a rare shave that goes by that doesn't have menthol in it somewhere for me.

*edit* Just in case it changes, my CT is "Has the menthol.munky on his back!"

13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

There was a while when it seemed much of what I read folks were implying that if you weren't doing it the way they recommended, you were doing it wrong. Others would try and say that brand X blade or brand Y soap was the one, the only, grade A, numero uno brand to use. It seemed to me almost a snub to those who were not using that brand. That's when I put the line you now see as my CT in my signature line. The CT came later. I looked up one day and it was just there.

IAmTheJody, Carbide Mike, Asd and 2 others like this.
  14. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Mine, "Gillette-i Master" is a play on "Jedi Master", from the Star Wars movies.

It compliments my 1930s Gillette open-comb Aristocrat-wielding Yoda avatar but also speaks to my vast knowledge of things "vintage Gillette" and other members often having referred to me as the resident Gillette master - even though there are others here who are far more knowledgeable than I when it comes to Gillette such as Achim, aka mr-razor, Len, aka oldguy, and Jake, aka Jake (!!) - all 3 of whom much of my Gillette knowledge came from and still comes from. I consider those 3 gents to be Gillette royalty in the collecting world. It just so happens that I'm here all of the time so I usually get the opportunity to flex my knowledge before they do! :happy102:

15. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

I too do not have a CT...................yet. It's like a nickname, it has to come spontaneously; you can't just make one up on the spot, but I'll try. I truly hope to enjoy a CT one day and if the kind folks of TSD bestow that honor upon me I shall wear it with pride.

In the meantime let me tell you a little about myself so that you can get some ides. I like long walks on the beach.......................

Queen of Blades likes this.
  16. Queen of Blades

It's better to make one up for a friend. ;)

17. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

I'm one of those that doesn't have one. I'm sure over time, once my personality comes out I'll either earn or be forced with one.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  18. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Nice thread, JoAnna! It is nice to know how people got their CT.

Carbide Mike, gzp and Queen of Blades like this.
  19. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Well now I have one and I think it's perfect. I'd love to know who was clever enough to come up with it.

My current CT is... "SEntient". A great play on my adoration of SE razors as well as the definition pertaining to sensation and nerves as I'm a chiropractor. Well played gentlemen & of course gentle-lady!

20. Queen of Blades