Is There Help for Blade Acquisition Disorder?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by mark_s, Feb 28, 2012.

1. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

BAD is certainly my biggest vice in this hobby, but as others have said, I'll go through phases of AD. Right now, I'm just in love with Italian Soaps. Can't seem to buy enough of 'em, even though I have more than enough to last me several years. I probably have enough blades to last me for a decade or more, but I still want more of the ones I love (Gillette Yellow, Gillette Black, Iridium, Polsilver & Med Preps). Thanks to Jody, I'm set on Voskhods!

2. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

Last night I was back to shaving with Personna Labs after a 5 day run of Derbys. I was enjoying it so much that I'm now really fighting the urge to buy another pack of 100 Labs.

3. mark_s

mark_s Active Member

Forgive the cliche, but resistance is futile. Why torture yourself?

4. frankflood

frankflood Active Member

you know you might as well just buy the blades you like and sleep better knowing you have them coming your way

5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

No! There is not! Blade collection is essential!

6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I keep picking up blades. If they stop making razors, brushes, soaps, etc... I can get bye. I can learn to make my own soap. I have enough brushes and razors for a lifetime. But if a great blade gets discontinued or the shavacolypse comes and nobody is making DE blades, I need a lifetime supply stockpiled. So... the blades keep coming in and getting stored away.

mark_s likes this.