I Actually Said the Words, "Patchouli Note"

Discussion in 'Scents' started by mark_s, Mar 29, 2012.

1. mark_s

mark_s Active Member

I was describing my shave to a friend, and when explaining the "post"/after-shave process (that's after telling her I'm shaving with TOBS lavender cream), I told her:

A cold water splash.
    A bit (not too heavy) of Proraso Dioibarba (which follows all of my shaves).
    A generous amount of Lilac Vegetal (I mix it 2 parts Veg to 1 part water).
    A few drops of patchouli oil rubbed into my face/neck to "give it that patchouli note".

I said "patchouli note"! What has become of me? I look in the mirror, and it looks like me, but surely, pod people have abducted my former self! Anyway, she actually thought it was pretty cool, but seriously, this shaving process can take you in unexpected directions. :)

Chris S, Mechguy and ajdhn like this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Congratulations. You're hooked!

mark_s likes this.
  3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Relax you are quite safe here!
    The following describes your condition!

4. Chris S

Chris S Member

ahhh, patchouli. one of my favorite scents. unfortunately, it nauseates my wife. time to find sandalwood shave products!

5. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

Patchouli smells like hippie, to my untrained nose.

Azarius likes this.
  6. mark_s

mark_s Active Member

You say that like it's a bad thing. ;)

7. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

J
    Not all Patchouli smells the same. Some has that Hippy/New Age Bookstore smell too them, which I cannot stand. Some are wonderful, if you find the right ones. The Violet Patchouli which JoAnna has is one of my favorite scents. It smells so good I often walk into the shave den to open the tub and take a whiff.