The Awesome Thread

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by ChemErik, May 9, 2012.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I gave my husband a graduation gift yesterday- a Super Speed from 1956 ( his birth year.) He loved it.

2. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Saw the solar eclipse yesterday and that was pretty awesome.

macaronus and Smott like this.
  3. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

Where I was at, it reached about 80%. We were able to get some glasses from an event they held at the university nearby. Very cool.

macaronus and tomnat like this.
  4. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Had a nice evening at the archery shooting range. Instructed a newbie and shot myself some tens afterwards. Had three within a square inch.

Conrad1959 and Slipperyjoe like this.
  5. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Taking some time to relax this evening after an awesome day on the sand. I am sitting in the condo, looking out the sliding door and admiring the Gulf of Mexico ... it is almost time for sunset and I can hear the waves crashing in. Fabulous.

Conrad1959, macaronus and Slipperyjoe like this.
  6. wlmcad

wlmcad cleaning TSD Route 5

That is awesome, how did it go...

macaronus likes this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Thanks for asking. It went very well.
    I spoke about being overcomers in Christ.

macaronus likes this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Glad it went well for you. Having led services at my Temple, on occasion, I know that it can be a good feeling.

swarden43 and macaronus like this.
  9. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Bought a book on Bonsai trees yesterday. I have always wanted to have one, and now I am going to go for it. In the past I was raising an elm from seed, and it was about 2 years old when I had to go on a mission and my family deemed it not worth keeping alive.

I am going to go for an indoor bonsai and am thinking of going with Black Olive. I love the look of Olive trees.

Now I just need to find out how to procure one. :)

Conrad1959, tomnat and macaronus like this.
  10. Richmondesi

Richmondesi Active Member

Today's contribution is our trip to Disney World. Watching the excitement and anticipation of the kids as we took off on the plane makes all the effort worth the trouble. Mouse ears, here we come

11. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Had a voice chat with a dear friend yesterday. :) Been way too long since that had happened.

12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Bonsai is a wonderful hobby! I grow them myself. A few bits of advice;
    1) Everyone loses a few trees. If a tree dies, get another one & don't give up.
    2) Read about a tree before buying, so you know if it will tolerate your light & climate conditions.
    3) Get more than one tree. When you only have one, you are likely to love it to death.

tomnat, lradke and macaronus like this.
  13. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Thanks for the advice! :D

14. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I have a wonderfully supportive, patient, and understanding group of friends here at The Shave Den.
    Even when we disagree, it's done respectfully.

:thanks:

Conrad1959, macaronus, tomnat and 2 others like this.
  15. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

That's just coz we luv ya!

16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I started an Awesome Thread on a private chat board and my friends there really like it.

17. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

My right foot with recently developed Planter Fasciitis is healing nicely, I expect it will be fine for the Boulder Bolder Monday.

I'll third the thankfulness that respectful disagreement isn't a lost art. People I always agree with bore me :p .

macaronus, tomnat and Queen of Blades like this.
  18. Richmondesi

Richmondesi Active Member

I preached a couple weeks back on being imitators of/like Christ. Good stuff

19. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I'm going to see a chiropractor today! :2thumbs:

Been 6 or 7 years since I've been to one. I've lived with the pain long enough.

macaronus, tomnat and ChemErik like this.
  20. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Last night my son's baseball team, of which I am a coach, finally beat the undefeated dreaded Yankees!! My son had two hits and two RBIs. I was one proud papa. They boys were excited by the win, but won humbly and with a lot of class. We were very proud of them.