The Awesome Thread

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by ChemErik, May 9, 2012.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Well, then they shouldn't advertise "all you can eat." <sigh>

macaronus likes this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I plan to spend the day making rolled beeswax candles. My hands will smell awesome.

tomnat and macaronus like this.
  3. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Well.. their clientele isn't normally aquatic fowl..you'd be the exception...

macaronus likes this.
  4. richgem

I *love* the smell of full beeswax candles.

Can I sue under Title VII?

macaronus and GDCarrington like this.
  5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I'm quite familiar with the scent. It's under my nose every day.

My own blend of beeswax and Vaseline make up my 'stache wax to keep my handlebar looking suave and debonair!

tomnat, macaronus and GDCarrington like this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Sounds great. My hands have already picked it up, from cutting & measuring the wax sheets. They will smell even better after I roll the candles. I am making a total of 40 candles, which will last about 4-5 months, between Shabbats & holidays.

fishcrow and macaronus like this.
  7. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Having a great day, got two of my smokers working. Ribs on one using red oak wood and a pork tenderloin and some sausage on the other with apple wood. Sure does smell good!

Shawna, awake2shave, tomnat and 2 others like this.
  8. Woodshavings

Woodshavings Member

Just delivered this photo album to friend after working on it for six months. It's going to be a gift for his wife's birthday next week and they are expecting their first child in a month. The design on the front is copied from his wife's tattoo.

uploadfromtaptalk1338060999528.jpg

fishcrow, tomnat and macaronus like this.
  9. Slipperyjoe

Ahyee Babylon..

10. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

:drool:

11. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I'm still in the afterglow of yesterday evening:

Hot bbq, cold beer, wife & children at hand. Need I say any more?

Shawna, fishcrow and tomnat like this.
  12. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Boulder Bolder is tomorrow! I'm feeling crazy excited and both my wife and I are feeling good and ready to push hard. The smoke from the fire is clearing up fast, so even that shouldn't be much of a factor, if any.

fishcrow, macaronus and tomnat like this.
  13. richgem

Good luck!

14. Slipperyjoe

:signs011:

15. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

ditto!

16. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Had me a bottle of the greatest beer I've ever tasted: Liefmans Goudenband (a Belgian ale). It's been some years since I last had me one.

liefmans.jpg

Conrad1959, tomnat and fishcrow like this.
  17. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

On the last Saturday of the month a group from our church go to the local Rescue Mission. We prepare super for the mission, we also do a church service.
    There are four of us that prepare meal, others help serve and work in the dining room during the meal and a group does the church service.

I'm blessed with a talent for cooking, for 35 years I have worked in kitchens. It so awesome to use my talent to make a meal for those that have nothing or little to nothing.
    Yesterday I made Ham and Scallop Potatoes from scratch, the meal was very well liked and so many came back for both seconds and thirds. Tugs at my heart that we had so many children yesterday. It is awesome to give back a little something.

Conrad1959, tomnat, Sara-s and 2 others like this.
  18. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Have a great race, and very successful one too.

19. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Good luck Erik! ...May the road rise up to meet you and the wind always be at your back!

macaronus likes this.
  20. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

I am home!! :happy093:

I got to see my kitties! :happy036:

The person we left in charge of seeing to the kitties twice a day did not ... :( But, they had water and dry food when we got home and seemed to be in good spirits. I made sure they got extra treats and extra loves. :love029:

One day of rest and then I prepare for the worst of the testing so far on my journey to figure out what else (besides the gall bladder) is making me sick. Thank God for insurance ... THAT is awesome!

Have an awesome week! :)

Conrad1959, macaronus and tomnat like this.