The Awesome Thread

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by ChemErik, May 9, 2012.

1. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

It is amazing what doctors can and will do to the human body in the realm of testing. I hope you are able to find out what ails you!

macaronus and Shawna like this.
  2. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

liefmans.jpg
    Are you planning to drink all that?..

macaronus likes this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I dunno about all that beer, but I could sure go for a cigar right about now. Unfortunately, it's starting to rain. :(

macaronus likes this.
  4. richgem

On the awesome side, dinner tonight....

Grilled wild salmon with black olive tapanade (I think that's what you call it) and cabernet reduction sauce. Droolishious.

macaronus likes this.
  5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Reducing wild salmon I see! What do you have to say for yourself?

macaronus and Slipperyjoe like this.
  6. Slipperyjoe

After all that Penguinating he does, I think he's gone on some kind of reduction diet...

macaronus likes this.
  7. richgem

The salmon asked for it.

Yeah, well, a guy does have to pace himself once in a while.

macaronus likes this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I went for a walk tonight. The honeysuckle is in bloom & I could smell it everywhere.

Queen of Blades and macaronus like this.
  9. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Yep. And it was awesome. I have another one and plan to store it for a while (they say it even gets better over the years). But I don't know if I can wait for so long! :drool::eatdrink013:

Slipperyjoe likes this.
  10. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Title_newsflash.jpg
    I am 99% sure that I am going to embark on a new adventure. My wife and I are wanting to save for a house, and also to pay off our debts. So I am thinking of starting up an online (side) business for some extra cash flow. I was wanting to go brick and mortar, but talking to a good friend of mine (who is moving his business to be mostly online) he convinced me that online is better, cheaper, and less risky (all true...I just didn't know how to do it...he told me that too :) ). Plus this will allow me to keep my current job.

I have been planning this for a few weeks, only now it seems like it is within my reach. The best part is that I know my wife is excited about the idea too (he just has normal hesitations). We are going to talk tonight about it.

My great idea is quilting fabric! Having a wife who is into modern quilting, I know what is in demand...because my paypal is constantly paying for it! I have tracked down software that will allow me to do what I want, I have started talking to fabric designers about carrying their lines, and I need to start cleaning out my closet, it this takes off the ground! (Storage...LOL!)

Anyway,like I said it is something small I want to start up, to help pay the bills. If it grows into more...then that really WILL be exciting!:D

macaronus, tomnat and Matt F like this.
  11. Matt F

Matt F Active Member

Good luck! Keep us updated with your progress.

Today I made the most of the sunny weather here in England. Trying to get as much colour as possible before it gets colder again. :happy069:

macaronus and lradke like this.
  12. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

The wife and I are home from Boulder Bolder. I finished the 10k in 57:26 and the wife in 1:25:15. Both within our goals (the wife by more than me). After the race they had a beautiful Memorial Day observance at the CU Boulder Folsom Field. A very memorable day that will stick with us both for the rest of our lives.

macaronus, tomnat, Conrad1959 and 5 others like this.
  13. richgem

14. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

Same for me - phoned an old fraternity brother I have not seen in 15 years.

macaronus likes this.
  15. Slipperyjoe

What's black and white and has eight wheels?.. A Penguin on roller skates...

GDCarrington likes this.
  16. richgem

<groan>

17. Slipperyjoe

What's black and white and red all over?.. A penguin in a blender..:eek:

18. richgem

Jokes like that are treason in the Czardom. I'd be careful. Just ask Gollum.

19. Slipperyjoe

I'm not worried.. I'm Canadian eh...

20. richgem

We have "assistants" everywhere. Especially, Canada.