The Haul: May 28th - June 3rd, 2012

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by IAmTheJody, May 28, 2012.

1. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

IMG_0228.JPG

After a great day of bon fires and swimiing with the fam I get home to my TSD order.

De Vergulde Hand with a bowl that my wife quickly clamed for her new soap.
    TSD Egyptain spice full size smells just like I was hopping for will be the first one I use
    TSD Crackling fire wood sample after a day of bonfires I think its right on the money.
    and
    TSD Raspberry for SWMBO , that being said your darn skippy I will be using this one two.

2. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

VAT free? You can't go wrong with that! :D

Smoothy likes this.
  3. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

Seems perfectly normal to me!

americanshamrock and Smoothy like this.
  4. TexasWheels

TexasWheels Member

My first purchase of razors showed up today so I can finally take my antique shop find for a ride, now how to decide on which ones to try first?
    [​IMG]

5. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Bluebirds are supposed to be amazing blades from what I've read time and time again!

TexasWheels likes this.
  6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Sharp but not very smooth in the long run. I can use them 2 times in my Slim then it needs to go. Concord Blades are from the same factory (Derby) as Bluebirds and are somewhat smoother but harder to find.

[​IMG]

This one lasts one additional shave.

7. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

2012-05-29 13.13.05.jpg

Dark picture, but 3 more R160 ASBs (couldn't resist), a tube of Euro Gillette Regular and one Extra Sensitive, two tubes of Italian Palmolive Classic and a tube of the famed 444 Balm. That's it, I'm now on a purchasing sabbatical! (maybe)

8. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

My TSD order came in and couldn't be happier with the Wheat cream scent.The last wheat I had was cedarwood and I PIF'd it away as it was not a scent that I could enjoy . IMG_0165 (Small).JPG

9. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

My final order which was placed before I decided to slow down for a while has been delivered: A Merkur Vision (2000), which also completes my trio of Adjustables I have recently acquired. Now, I'll enjoy playing with what I have and discovering the various settings on those 3 adjustables in addition to the rest.

Conrad1959, lradke and tomnat like this.
  10. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

Jeff
    I will be looking forward to your next photo and expect to see it soon!:lyrtuy5:

11. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

uploadfromtaptalk1338506312890.jpg

Hurray! I finally get to try Gillette Blue's and Crystal blades! :) One of my little orders front connaught came today. :)

12. theblindog

theblindog Active Member

no.6 Turkey horse hair brush
    the grosvenor bristle an badger
    Australian Vintage Deluxe Shave Soap
    no6.jpg deluxe.jpg

13. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Yesterday brought two packages.

The first from Gem Star Customs is a W.H. Morley & Sons Straight razor. My first, guess I'll see how bloody I can get with this. It is a fine looking razor, I'm looking forward to learning how to use it.
    P1010003.JPG

Next came a Muhle R89 DE with a few blades to sample.
    P1010006.JPG

alpla444, lradke, theblindog and 7 others like this.
  14. Neolithium

Another beautiful restore from Glen. You're going to have an awesome shave with it - just take the time to go over some youtube videos, particularly Geofatboy who does a decent job with straight razor suggestions for shaving and you'll do fine. There's of course always advice for no pressure with DE's....with straights it's the law. ;)

DLP and tomnat like this.
  15. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I had gotten a couple of these vintage 1960s Schick Krona blades and since they were still sealed in their wrapper, I decided to try one out. I was very pleased with the result. So here's 4 sealed packs I scored and received. Really a damn fine blade. Made in Sweden, which could have something to do with how awesome they are.

1.jpg
    2.jpg

16. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    It's also the brother to your Double Duck. :D
    I rescued it from the antique store at the same time.

17. Neolithium

Well then. You keep finding sweet hidden gems! They're both beautiful razors now that they've had Glen's TLC package.

Queen of Blades likes this.
  18. Queen of Blades

Actually, the Morley looked in pretty darn good condition when I got it.
    The Duck though.....it definitely got some treatment.

I like rescuing shaving stuffs from the antique shops. I don't collect or buy much for myself, but I like passing them along to others I know will love them or find them good homes.

19. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Thank you for finding both of them. :)

Smoothy and Queen of Blades like this.
  20. Queen of Blades

I think it's awesome they both ended up with TSD members. :2thumbs:

I hope you'll enjoy the razor and let us know how it treats you.

burnout961 and Smoothy like this.