The Awesome Thread

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by ChemErik, May 9, 2012.

1. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

What is an average time for a typical adult male? I've never timed myself. In fact, I don't sprint nearly enough at all! When's the last time we just opened it up and ran as fast as we could for a short distance? I need to do that more often. Awesome.

2. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

I am exhausted! Four flights in one day is just a bit much for me given the fact that I really am not a good flyer ... or runner. Both of my flights in to Charlotte were late and I had to sprint (in dress clothes and heels) from one end of the airport to the other. Plus it was rainy in Tampa on my flight back home. Rainy = turbulence = Shawna is a nervous wreck! Anywhoo...

What's the awesome part here? My interview went very well today and I have a phone interview with the Director of Quality Operations tomorrow. I'm pretty sure this one is just a formality. :D

tomnat, macaronus, richgem and 5 others like this.
  3. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

Great job!

Shawna likes this.
  4. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Awesome indeed!..

Shawna likes this.
  5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I recently went through the same thing on a flight with heavy turbulence. I am glad that you are recouping and had a great interview. Good fortune on getting the job.

Shawna likes this.
  6. Matt F

Matt F Active Member

God knows. The females record is 10.49 according to Wiki and Usain Bolt has gone 9.58. Average time for a male could be 15 I guess.

7. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Great! :happy088:
    Go girl!

Shawna likes this.
  8. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

It sounds like Shawna just did that yesterday. ;)

Slipperyjoe and Smott like this.
  9. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Hopefully, Scott didn't have to do it in heels and a dress. :eek:

Slipperyjoe, tomnat and GDCarrington like this.
  10. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

OOC again Rich!

richgem likes this.
  11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My lavender plants are flowering!

macaronus and 5Savages like this.
  12. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I tried something new this evening - barefoot running. Mostly in the grass at the local park. Made me feel like a little boy again. Also pointed out a small form issue I have with my running (the real reason I tried it).

awake2shave, tomnat, 5Savages and 2 others like this.
  13. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

I have found with this thread that I really LIKE awesome things!!

:happy096: Thank you for starting this!

tomnat and macaronus like this.
  14. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

My wife and I celebrated our 6th anniversary tonight with going out for dinner, a trip downtown, then back to the southside to catch The Avengers, then out for dessert. We just got back...and the best part is our kids are at their cousins for the night. (Our anniversary is actually the 9th...but we tale what we can get when it comes to babysitting)
    It was an awesome night!

15. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Congrats Luke!

lradke likes this.
  16. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

The other night I was driving with my family. My 5-year-old daughter had her window down in the back seat and had her face out the window, just having the best time. She was yelling "YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY, WEEEEEEEEEEE, THIS IS FUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN. Daddy, we're the fastest car in the world!" It was just cool seeing her enjoy herself so much with something I take for granted every day. I wish I could have that much fun with something so simple.

17. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

You can! Just stick your head out of the window as well! (maybe let somenone else drive that time :))

tomnat, GDCarrington and Smott like this.
  18. Matt F

Matt F Active Member

....and then she hit a lamp post. :shocked003: Sounds like a good Horror Movie.

19. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Germany plays today! I'm sporting my German pride!

uploadfromtaptalk1339263474582.jpg

tomnat and 5Savages like this.
  20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I put air in the tires of my Granny Trike & took a ride- about 0.8 miles. Neither my back or my knees hurt, as a result.

tomnat, macaronus and GDCarrington like this.