TSD Wheat Cream Consistancy

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by JimPo42, Jun 7, 2012.

1. JimPo42

JimPo42 Purported Hand-Shaver

I'm curious of the consistancy of this cream. Is it borderline croap like TOBS? Or is it on the runny side like The Body Shop Maca Root? I'm interested in trying it but I haven't seen a good explanation of it like that.

2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Don't know what croap means but I can tell you that it's definitely not runny. It's more like a paste.

3. JimPo42

Its late and I'm tired maybe I spelled wrong and can't comprehend. Croap = really soft soap. Like a lot of Italian soft soaps.

4. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

The Wheat SC are my favorite of all the TSD offerings. When I think "croap" I think of Queen Charlotte, Fitness, etc. Firm but pliable.

The Wheat SC is definitely a cream, not runny. All of the flavors I have tried have not been a shiny cream like a Tet-A-Tet or anything from a tube but also not like your Macca Root example. I find the Wheat almost an airy cream.

Hope this helps! I would recommend you purchase a tub and try it out (you can always PIF it if you don't care for it) or I can send you a sample to try out for yourself. If you are interested, send me your info in a PM.

GDCarrington likes this.
  5. JimPo42

Thank you that's exactly what I wanted to hear. I don't care for the consistency of the macca root. Now I just have to decide what flavor, this may take a while. :sport026:

6. Shawna

Once your purchase arrives (and Thank You for supporting TSD!), this thread may be of assistance.

colosilverado likes this.
  7. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

I think Shawna is spot on with this description. Get some, you won't regret it.

8. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    The best way I can describe it, having used Maca Root, Italian Croaps, English creams, tube creams, and JoAnna's TSD wheat cream is:

It is softer than the Italian soaps, but unlike the Maca Root and English creams you can't dip your brush and pull up a gob. It is firm enough that you can load your brush on the cream, like a soap, but soft enough you can scoop out single servings of cream if that is how you like to lather. It is slightly firmer than most tube creams I've tried. Hope that helps anyone wondering the same thing.

9. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    If you leave the lid off the Maca Root Shave Cream it will dry out and get thicker over time...
    Horrible way to treat good maca root though.

10. JimPo42

Perfect. I really hate the gooey ones. And I do prefer to load on top of the cream right in the tub then face lather and it seems the runny ones don't work well for that.

11. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    No they don't. Here's what you can do with "runny" creams:

Dip in with your fingers and dab a bit on each cheek and throat, then rub it around with your fingertips. Wipe any excess shave cream on your fingers on the damp brush. Proceed to face lather with the brush, re-wetting tip of brush as neccessary. You should notice better results.

12. Shawna

If only I face lathered! ;)

colosilverado and Ray Settanta like this.
  13. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

OOC again! :happy096:

14. Shawna

:shocked002:

:happy097:

15. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Love my TSD Root Beer Wheat Cream! :happy069:

16. Shawna

My only defense is why on earth would I face lather?? Especially with TSD wheat SC??? :signs002:

Must be a new ladies only practice!

17. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Constructive criticism, and excellent advice for young ladies. You need no defense, and since it was my post you were malingering, that should end that.:cool:

The excellent advice being, "why on earth would I face lather" BTW.