What other forums do you belong to?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by PLANofMAN, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Indiexsunrise

Indiexsunrise Well-Known Member

I love it. I'm from Mobile Al. And live in Atlanta now and work in a warehouse so the heat is something I have come accustomed to. I'm not amazing and I don't play in leagues or tournament I just play because I love it.

2. wlmcad

wlmcad cleaning TSD Route 5

I belong to the several other shave forums, but TSD is where I am most active. The only other forum I'm a member of is Art of Manliness.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  3. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

BBQ Brethren

PLANofMAN likes this.
  4. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

I used to live in Douglasville, which is just west of Atlanta. Douglasville has a course but it's nothing special. There's an awesome course east of Atlanta that I used to love playing. It's nicely wooded and well set up. Redan park. It's worth driving to if you haven't been there before.

5. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

Here, B&B, The Shave Nook, SMF

PLANofMAN likes this.
  6. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I'm on Daily Mile (fitness site, I'm a runner). It's a combination of work-out log, course mapper, and community.
    I'm an occasionally active member at Thedoctorwhopodcast.com.
    I'm technically still a member at SMF, but haven't visited in a long time.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  7. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

I'm a member of two other forums but my participation is sporadic.

Vintage Baseball Gloves
    Baseball Nation/Baseball History

Keithmax and PLANofMAN like this.
  8. Indiexsunrise

Indiexsunrise Well-Known Member

My pops who got me into wet shaving lives in Douglasville I live in Hiram just outside Marietta... It's just easier to say Atlanta. Redan is nice and they revamped Deerlick in D-ville, I quite like it now.

On a side note sorry for the thread jack.

9. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

I won't list their names, but a few sites that discuss religion and faith, although I have reduced my podtings due to a few over zealous judgemental members. A conspiracy site, a world politics site, a fringe science site, and a paranormal research site.

For the most part I have stopped posting on all sites but here and the razor site across the street. I must admit, I like this site much better, although the other one is busier. Here I find the post to be much more insightful due to a great mod and article team.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  10. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    I belong to a few other Fora

A Polaris ATV forum
    A Rifle Shooter Forum
    A Martial Arts Forum

Several of the Shaving Fora, but I mostly post here and SRP

PLANofMAN likes this.
  11. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Several shave forums but am only active here, once in a while on SRP and on GRF -> one of the German forums. Am not member of or visiting any forums related to other past-times.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I belong to a Bonsai-growers forum (I am not so active, because the folks there are just not so nice) and a private forum about soap operas (I am very active there, because the folks are as nice as you all.)

PLANofMAN likes this.
  13. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Brzytwa.org (Polish shave site) and SRP (although not been on it for awhile now)

PLANofMAN likes this.
  14. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

I used to be a very active member of Rick Thead's BBQ list on azstarnet.com until the old-timers and regulars turned it into a chat room. mmmmm....barbecue.!!!! I need to get back into making that again.

Currently I'm a member of (not not as active as I once was)
    Carryforum.com - A 2A forum concerning the right to carry firearms. Most members of from Minnesota, but it's not exclusive to MN.
    MNGunTalk.com - a collection of MN firearms enthusiasts.
    photography-on-the-net - a great photography forum
    tundrasolutions.com - A great resource for any Toyota owners, not just Tundra owners

I've also been in a lot of other, varied forums...tea forums, cell phone forums, Riviera Maya forums, soccer coaching forums, music forums, and geocaching forums.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  15. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

BBQ Brethren is very nicely done. They do a good job of keeping the chatter appropriate to the specific forum areas.

16. skyfox12

skyfox12 Active Member

Member of thevinylengine.com but I do not post much there. I by no means whatsoever consider myself an "Audiophile" as my gear no where near reaches that type of status. A person could literally own a house, 2 or 3 vehicles and some property for less than what some people spend on getting "the ultimate sound". Not judging, just an observation. :cool:

PLANofMAN likes this.
  17. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Sounds like you are in denial. (pun intended)

I have an elderly (3 years old!) 5.1 Sony surround sound for gaming and Bose OS headphones for when I'm on the go. I justify it by using the excuse, "I'm hearing impaired, and this helps me hear the sounds clearer." Besides, after you spend $7,000 on a pair of hearing-aids that have an expected lifespan of 7-10 years...
    ...On the upside, my hearing aids are the finest bluetooth wireless headphones on the market.:D

I'm really enjoying seeing what all of you are interested in. I had no idea that some of you were into disc golfing, bonsai, martial arts, conspiracy theories, etc. I figured I'd get a lot of "I'm in basenotes, pen turning, woodworking, soapmaking, model building, pocket watch collecting, etc."

Smott likes this.
  18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Oops... that reminds me. I also post on a soap & candle-making forum.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  19. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I'm a member of only wetshaving sites such as TSD, Gut Rasiert, (like the other Jeff!) SMF, and Men Only, which is a Greek wetshaving forum.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  20. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

Well then imagine what would happen if another thread were expanded to include all the kinds of things people were doing, groups they've joined, things they enjoy that don't relate to forums! Who knows? Someone might even start some thread where they rave about invisible shoes, or another might provide recipes for their chili, or the music they last listened t...[whisper whisper whisper]...really? When did this happen? [whisper whisper] Gosh, how embarrassing. Well, ahem, nevermind everybody.

PLANofMAN likes this.