Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

uploadfromtaptalk1338676632612.jpg

Posted these in the haul.. but they belong here too! I was given these by Justin! I love injectors, and these two are most welcome in the fold!

One question though...I don't know too much about the old injectors, could someone help with the model and year?

Llyr, americanshamrock and tomnat like this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Hard to tell from the pic, but they're either "E"s or "G"s. Look for two patent numbers under the head. If so, "G"s. If only one or "others pending" then "E"s. Other method... Gs have a seam in the plastic running north to south along the top of the handle.

The white one is probably a G based on the case if that's it's original case.

Llyr likes this.
  3. lradke

Based on your advice, the white one is a G. The amber one just says Patent 1937 Made in Canada. Ill have to take a look at Jody's site... thanks! :)

Llyr likes this.
  4. richgem

Glad to help.

Llyr and lradke like this.
  5. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

I used my E2 for the first time this morning in honor of injector week. I felt that the E2 was a bit more aggressive than my G1. Not in a bad way; I really enjoyed the shave I got. I ended up with a DFS+ and look forward to a couple more uses of it this week.

Llyr likes this.
  6. richgem

Es are definitely more aggressive than Gs. Compare them side by side if you can and there's more blade exposure on the Es. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

Llyr and GDCarrington like this.
  7. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

I agree. Even though E's look a lot like the G's, I found them harder to shave with and keep going back to G1.

Llyr likes this.
  8. lradke

I used my E on Sunday and my G on Monday and I noticed a big difference between the two. The G has the perfect level of aggression for me where as the E was like a ravenous animal. (OK not quite that bad). It did its job well though...definitely cut close.

Edit: Has anyone tried an F? If so how does of compare?

Llyr likes this.
  9. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Your 'G' is a 'G-8', from around 1952 to '55....It was the last style handle for the 'G's before the 'I' series started in '55...Thats my birth-year Schick...Let me know if you ever want to part with it...;) Other-wise, wishing you many great shaves with her....

Can't help with the 'F'... but the I's were a little milder than the G's...and the J's were considerably milder than the 'I's....The 'L's were very popular....I haven't used one of those in so long...I don't remember where they fell on the aggressive scale...

How 'bout it guys?....are the 'L's more aggressive than the J's or milder?....

Llyr likes this.
  10. ajdhn

ajdhn Well-Known Member

hm, my youngest injector is a J, so don't know about L's, but there seems to be an increasing level of mildniness (?) in the injectors, so my guess would be that L's are milder than J's.

Llyr likes this.
  11. Cavere

Cavere Active Member

Add me to the party. My Gem 1912 came in the mail today! Only needs a little cleaning underneath the head and I'm going for my first se shave. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339210887.798177.jpg

Llyr, HoosierTrooper and GDCarrington like this.
  12. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Cavere, that is a great looking Gem Triumph set! I really like that version of the 1912, the handle is very grippy and it has the slightly rounded top plate like the early Damaskeenes. Congrats on a very nice choice for your first SE.

Llyr likes this.
  13. Bird Lives

Welcome to the party....I see you've arrived "Armed & Dangerous...".....:happy097:

Llyr and GDCarrington like this.
  14. lradke

You changed your profile pic and it threw me off when I was looking for the thread. LOL!

This morning I used the legendary OCMM for the first time. All I can really say is that I was a bit surprised when there was no beast to tame. The razor almost seemed to be like a goodfriend determined to give me the best shave possible. I am very happy with the razor, and will most likely pick up one in gold! Here it is in the place of honor (Where I keep the razors I use the next day) next to my vintage Coates.

uploadfromtaptalk1339358983341.jpg

Asd, Llyr, tomnat and 3 others like this.
  15. Bird Lives

She is lovely....I don't think her looks can be improved upon....Is she this pretty in person or does the camera just love her....;)

Llyr, lradke and GDCarrington like this.
  16. Cavere

Cavere Active Member

Just had my first se shave and it was almost bbs. It wasn't a major transition learning the form from a de or a sr. I definitely felt the blade more and it's firmness. I was hoping a firm blade would help in the valley of my neck which has always been a problem getting smooth but sadly not the case.

Still an enjoyable experience and my gem triumph will have a regular spot in my rotation.

GDCarrington and richgem like this.
  17. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

Help I suffer from Injector Madness.... I cannot leave the party..... every morning I find myself going for an injector... no desire to grab a DE...... is this normal?.... is there a "cure"?... do I even want to be "cured"?
    [​IMG]

Asd and Llyr like this.
  18. Bird Lives

I don't see why you would want to be cured.....Looks like you're suffering in Shaving Heaven to me....Beautiful 'Chorus Line' you have happening there...Do you have fav's or do they all treat you to equally fantastic shaves....;)

Llyr and americanshamrock like this.
  19. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

I say "cured" because I feel guilty looking at my de razors gathering dust. They are all great shavers but my current fave is the E2. Don't know if it's the textured head or the little extra amount of aggressiveness but it's been delivering outstanding shaves.

Llyr likes this.
  20. Bird Lives

Many a man has lost his heart and his whiskers to the Schick E types...and ladies too for that matter...:)
    Don't feel quilty about your DE's....every dog will have his day....lol....
    Just enjoy the best shaves you can get, on whatever razor makes it happen for you....and maybe a little Injector Blade stockpiling is probably not a bad idea....I know I'm ready for the Injector Shavopalypse....I had a physical and tried to determine how many more shaves I have left...and started stockpiling....lol...If I live longer than I expected, I could be in trouble...

Llyr and americanshamrock like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.