Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

:happy102:

Llyr likes this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well, here is a new addition to the fold.

[​IMG]

3. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Very nice find GDCarrington.

GDCarrington likes this.
  4. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

That is a stunning F Type, simply stunning.

GDCarrington likes this.
  5. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

That is a beauty Gary....I want it...!....I just noticed....I'd love a pic of where the key goes from the Injector....I just realized, but I've never seen how that looks on these...;)
    And we need an in depth shave review...and where does this bomb-shell fall in the agression spectrum of Schick types?
    Oh yeah...and how did no.1 and the Champ treat this lady when she made the scene by the sink...?

GDCarrington likes this.
  6. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

That is a fine F Type to add to your collection Gary. Probably one of my most sought after pieces, but sadly most that I run across are fairly banged up in appearance.

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well, it will unfortunately be a while before I can get around to this lovely. I have too many test requests right now so she will wait. #1 simply gave the look and thought, "that is just great another one of the Colonel's offspring to deal with."

8. Bird Lives

;)......I can see that.....

You might need to take some kind of beard growth hormone so you can shave more times a day, so you can get caught up on your testing....:happy102:

GDCarrington likes this.
  9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I don't my face can handle any extra shaves or lathers. My face sometimes causes my tongue to stick out to razz me in the mirror while I look at another shaving item! :p

10. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

I have never seen a photo of the F injector. What an interesting curve and look to the handle.

GDCarrington likes this.
  11. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

Aren't they beautiful? When I had the Cobra a friend had recommended that I look into getting an F type to try out. I keep looking, but only see a lot of banged up ones that are overpriced.

12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Can someone positively ID this Schick for me? I assume it's a G. It's now my fav injector because it can be opened and loaded with loose blades (and I got a lot of loose blades that won't go back in a mag). Thanks...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW, that blade is the only Schick double edge injector blade I've come by and it is THE BEST INJ. BLADE I have ever had the pleasure to use.

13. Bird Lives

I can't tell from the pics....1. if there is a seam running the length of the handle or not...2. or how many patent no's. there are
    So without that information, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that its an E-2.....
    What do you E2 owners have to say?

14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

1. No seams.

2. "1806087, others pending."

Schick E, you say? Cool.

15. Bird Lives

E2.....and very Cool

16. menghai

menghai New Member

My first post here. I am tweaking one variable at a time only. I'm using a boar brush with Proraso, and a Gillette Fusion cartridge razor. I'm very interested in working back through the injectors (perhaps with a Trac 2 or Sensor stop off?), trying to find the perfect one for me. I've learned so much from this thread, I wanted to say thanks. I've got (I think) a butterscotch E2 to arrive on Monday, and am very excited.

gorgo2 and GDCarrington like this.
  17. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

I finally got around to trying out the bakelite schick this morning for the first time. I definitely like the way an injector feels in the hand. I'm not sure I got a very good shave, but I'll give it another go tomorrow.

gorgo2 likes this.
  18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Welcome! If it is an E2, trust me, go easy on it...no pressure or you'll bleed. ;)

19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I've found it a bit more involved to find the "just right" injector shave (razor/blade combo) as opposed to DE but once you do, it'll equal the results of any other razor. I've been off of injectors for over a year so I'm just now getting my learning curve back in shape.

20. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Here is another acquisition that I made.
    It is a Schick L5 better known as the "Paul Revere."

It is a really good razor. Excellent balance.

[​IMG]

Asd and Bird Lives like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.