SoS: July 16th, 2012 - July 22nd, 2012

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jul 15, 2012.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

40-321-large.jpg 444_gel_01-340x340.jpg glacial.jpg Once again I'm kicking off a new week, and it's going to be a really hot day here in Montreal. What day is Monday here at TSD? I'll tell you - it's:

Menthol Monday!

Omega Wooden Handle
    Super Speed/Rapira day 4
    Lea Menthol SC :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    444 AS Balsam :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Alcolado Glacial Menthol Splash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Polo Original EDT

I think the Lea Menthol cream is next in line to the Noxzema as far as my top choice of creams. I love the beautiful scent and rich easy to create lather, as well as the strong menthol feeling it gives. The 444 and Alcolado Glacial are also a formidable menthol combination which keep your skin feeling cold all day long. ;) :D

2. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Jeff I heard it was really hot in Mtl right now. You must be bathing in the Menthol trying to keep your cool lol..:smiley freezing:

fishcrow, PLANofMAN, Llyr and 2 others like this.
  3. crackstar

Man oh man, yesterday it was 39C with the humidex. I splashed on the Alcolado Glacial 7 times even with our A/C running! :Animatedfrozensmily: :rofl:

fishcrow, Llyr, goshawk and 1 other person like this.
  4. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Good morning all!

My Monday shave ritual:

Musgo Real Pre-Shave Oil
    Calani Dubai shave soap
    Mühle Basic Nr. 02 shave brush with Silver Tip Fibre
    Merkur Vision
    Feather blade (new)
    Alum Block
    D.R. Harris Bay Rum after shave

Regarding last week’s shaves, I did stick to the programme I had set myself in the one SoS post of last Monday but it is no fun not posting on a daily basis. The SoS usually gets me into TSD at least once a day and without posting the daily shave log I tend to get caught up in work. So back to daily it is.
    @ Jeff: 39C is bl...y hot in any neighborhood, let alone Montreal. Singapore is cool compared to that, at only 30C.

5. dinatali

dinatali Well-Known Member

Shower
    EJ Pre Cream
    Merkur Futur set on 2.5
    Astra Blade
    Omega Pro 48
    SWK XL scuttle
    Proraso Green (soap )
    Nivea Balm

trader ron, fishcrow, moz68 and 14 others like this.
  6. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Last week it was about the same here with humidity. I'm happy that today it had rained all day and not been above 15...its sad weather but a most welcome break from the heat! I hope it cools off for you soon Jeff!

Slipperyjoe, fishcrow, Llyr and 2 others like this.
  7. JimPo42

JimPo42 Purported Hand-Shaver

Monday July 16

Razor: Merkur HD
    Blade: Astra SP
    Brush: 22mm Silvertip
    Lather: C&E Nomad SS
    Result: DFS
    I always seem to find myself going back to the 34c. It just shaves so nice for me and doesn't seem to mind most blades. The C&E combo is always a great choice, I'm currently awaiting a set of Sienna to try out. On a side note I'm posting this at 3am because I'm forcing myself to stay up because I have to do an overnight tonight and don't want to wake up in the morning and be worthless at night.

8. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

Prep L'Occitane Vetyver Soap
    Razor Vintage Japanese Fon Golden Star
    Brush Le Tuft 59 in Buckeyed Burl
    Cream Vulfix Persian Musk
    Alum & Witch Hazel
    L'Occitane Baux Balm
    L'Occitane Baux EDT.
    Jamie.
    If i had to choose one shaving set up including razor and scents and software, this wouldn't be far from the mark.
    [​IMG]

9. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Johnny
    :greet002:

10. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

:signs011:

11. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Monday 16th July

Hot shower and facial scrub
    3P Pre/Post shave cream
    Feather Artist Club SS (Japanese style) Super Professional (2)
    Rooney 1/1 Super Badger Brush
    Palmolive Classic Shave Cream
    Home prepared Les Vinaigres des Toilette
    Argan Oil
    Clubman Vanilla AS

Its cold and wet in Wales....so no menthol today. Two and a bit pass BBS. Cologne to be decided later before I go to work this evening.

12. crackstar

Thanks, Luke. We should be getting a cooler break either by tomorrow or Wednesday. Hot weather actually doesn't bother me at all - remember, I'm from Israel where the summers are altogether murder! :)

Slipperyjoe, fishcrow, lradke and 2 others like this.
  13. crackstar

Guys, this morning I had a change of mind before I shaved, so instead of the Lea Menthol I used the Gada Cool Mint cream. The rest of the set-up was exactly as I showed it. The menthol effect from the Gada is a delight as well, and I find the Alcolado Glacial is actually slightly colder than Osage Rub. :)

fishcrow, Llyr and goshawk like this.
  14. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

5/8 J.S. Holler
    Tabac
    reworked silver tip
    Osage Rub

This has always been a great shaving razor, this morning was no exception. Fine shave, smooth and close. I reworked a 30mm silver tip knot this weekend and dropped the loft about 4-5mm. I'm very pleased with the results. There's a pic in the brush forum under "Black Peacock". Have a good one.
    [​IMG]
    img upload

15. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

Monday, July 16

Gillette New LC
    Gillette Silver Blue (d2)
    Renaissance Man Black Amber S/S
    Vulfix 404
    Pinuad Clubman Virgin Island BR
    Result: 4.8 on 3 passes, no touch-up. Almost a BBS. My New may be my favorite DE now.

16. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

Happy Monday my fellow shavers!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342443224.457804.jpg

17. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Monday, July 16, 2012. Good Morning!

Morning Coffee: Dunkin Donuts
    Prep: Wash face with Musgo Real Glyce Lime
    Razor: Schick G1
    Blade: Schick
    Soap: I Coloniali
    Brush: Semogue 2010 LE
    Scuttle/Mug: I Coloniali Bowl

Photo2895.jpg

18. wlmcad

wlmcad cleaning TSD Route 5

Monday, July 16, 2012, Shaving Ritual

Razor: 68 Slim Gillette Adjustable (N4) (set on 9)
    Blade: Blind Blade Test Blade 1 (2nd use)
    Brush: Whipped Dog Silvertip
    Cream: Unknown Soap Sample
    A/S: Alum & Cold Water Rinse
    A/S: Aqua Velva Musk

Day 2 of the first blade in the Blind Blade Test and I got an awesome BBS shave today with no nicks and zero razor burn. I like this blade; I wish I knew what it was, but I promised as part of the test not to look. I was also able to use both alum and A/S with no sting.

Woohoo :happy036::happy068:

19. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

SOTD, Monday July 16, 2012

[​IMG]
    Prep: Tepid Water Shower, Brush soaking in hot water, facical scrub with TSD Sandalwood soap.
    Razor: Gillette Tech mounted on iKon BullDog Handle
    Blade: SuperMax Super Platinum
    Brush: Vie-Long LE Beehive Horse Hair
    Soap: TSD Sandalwood
    Cream: Lea Sensitive Skin
    AS: Gillette Cool Wave
    Post: Cold Water Rinse, Alum, Cold Water Rinse, Double Splash Of Aftershave.

After this weekends experince, I thought that I would use my mildest razor this morning, even if it does take more passes. Before jumping in the shower I scrubbed my face with a brush that was lighlty loaded with TSD Sandalwood soap. I have oily skin in the summer and really does a fine job in cleansing my pores.

The TSD soap and Lea Cream built a very nice überlather. It was very slick between my fingers and felt wondeful.

Three full passes on my face, four passes with buffing and J-hooks below jawline, and I have close to a BBS with zero irration. The Alum rub did burn and the Cool Wave just gave a slight cooling sensation.

20. goshawk

goshawk Well-Known Member

July 16 2012

Wade & Butcher "The Clean Shaver"
    6/8ths spike point wedge
    Omega faux ivory boar
    The Real Shaving Co s/c
    M&L Florida Water a/s
    4711 e de c

This razor has never given better than an acceptable shave until this morning. After its last trip to the basin, which was nothing to write home about, I settled down with the pasted strop and stropped it gently for a 1/2 hour and it just seemed to come right. So I used it again this AM (with the trusty Fatboy standing by) and got BBS. :happy108:

No menthol for me this morning - in really hot weather I reach for the citrus every time.

Have a great day, all.

Graham