How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I had to check.. ah good... Droid 2 is not scheduled for any updates especially android4. Woo hoo.. It was a great phone, and then when gingerbread was pushed out it became a useless phone. Every minor update since has made it worse.

2. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

wow, my Droid 2 got better with the updates...well, at least up until the time I was up for new phone/contract renewal, and it was almost unbearable. But, it must've been one of the apps I had on it, because I had started removing everything one by one to make sure I had all data I needed backed up and on my new phone before I reset the D2 to stock, I was going to give it to my brother in law to replace his old android phone (that was stuck on 1.6, not going any higher...can't remember which phone it was), but then they discovered my sister could actually upgrade and he got her D2. But, seeing as I'd already cleared most everything off, I went ahead and finished and it's running great again.

3. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

well at least it doesn't make random phone calls. But it does have the random turning itself on bug, the random remapping keyboard keys (nothing like typing a sentence and the letter G launches googles, and B bookmarks everything open on the phone, etc...), google searches crash the phone, it doesn't wake from sleep without first sliding open the keyboard... all these problems are noted bugs that "a few have experienced" with some of the updates over the last year. Each one is annoying in itself, but all together just make the phone well... annoying.

4. sol92258

wow....that would be excruciatingly annoying, indeed

5. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

At least I learned that when in important things to take the battery out of the phone. My old phone taught me that one. About 6 months ago a co-worker told me this story about her friend's Droid 2. The friend was at a Chicago symphony performance. Her Droid 2 turned itself on (she swears it was off and as I have seen mine turn itself on, I fully believe her) and then in the middle of the performance her phone went off. But because she A) thought her phone was off and B) it was going off with an odd ring tone (ring tone changes every now and then for some random reason as well), she just sat there getting pissed off at the rude person who was letting their phone ruin the performance... That was until the ushers kicked her out...

6. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Yikes! Well I'm on the Atrix right now and not scheduled for anything anymore...Thanks Bell! The States will be rolling out Android 4.0 sometime this quarter. Yesterday I found a JB ROM for the Atrix and that's what I'm running. The update last night is the best one so far! More stable than any ICS thing I've used...smoother too!

The truth is I'm only excited because I'm less than a year in my (cough) three year plan (cough). :(

7. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Yeah, I checked my plan, and I am eligible to upgrade now. But I am not sure I want to stick with Verizon.... decisions decisions decisions

8. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

Yep. I had to figure out how to get the battery out last month when my phone froze up. Your friend's story is much more dramatic.

And Jim- I feel you with the flooding AC unit. That happened to us about 5 years ago. First real house we'd lived in and we didn't know anything about anything. The bathroom flooded and we thought it was a plumbing problem. I forget how we figured it out, but it was the AC. I do remember that in the process of finding the problem, we found out that the shower in the master bathroom was rotted out and leaking heavily.

9. sol92258

Prayer Warriors:

I covet your prayers for a friend of mine, she's been in and out of the hospital for a couple weeks now, they got the results of testing yesterday, she has a blood clot in her brain and has had several small strokes, just had another one about an hour ago.
    Thank you

wlmcad, Slipperyjoe and GDCarrington like this.
  10. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Prayer sent!

wlmcad likes this.
  11. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Yes..the prayer has been issued...

wlmcad likes this.
  12. wlmcad

wlmcad cleaning TSD Route 5

Prayers sent!

13. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

+1

14. richgem

T-Mobile

15. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

although our area is green on their coverage map, when you zoom in to street level, they don't have service for several blocks around my home, my workplace, my parents, or my inlaws. Verizon barely works in those locations, but it works.

16. sol92258

I hear ya. It's Verizon or almost nothing in this area. Sprint is good as long as you're inside city limits, AT&T is decent as long as you know: 1) How to climb a tree, 2) face East with one appendage facing Southwest, and 3) how to properly sacrifice a spotted chicken in the ancient Mayan ways prior to climbing said tree.

Although, an AT&T tower did just go up on the South side of town a couple weeks ago, though it's yet to be turned on (to my knowledge). Still, if it's Verizon vs. AT&T, I'd probably stick with Verizon...maybe.

17. richgem

Ack. Have you considered a tin can and string? :D

18. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I have... was going to go with smoke signals, but then there was first a local and now a state smoking ban.

19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Father, bring blessings of peace and healing to Your daughter, for Your glory. In Jesus's name. Amen

20. gollum83

gollum83 Well-Known Member

Meh, smoke signal reception is horrible on windy days anyways.

Slipperyjoe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.