Handling the Brush

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by ella, Jul 28, 2012.

1. ella

ella Member

This feels like a silly question, but what do other women do with the brush between shaving? If you shave in the shower, how do you store your brush while keeping it handy during a shower? I can't just reach out to grab it, there's no tub edge, I'm kind of stumped. The top of the shower caddy is mostly dry, but not ideal :/

ETA: I meant "Handling the Brush" :p

2. Barber Eile

Barber Eile Member

Hi Ella!

I use a synthetic brush in the shower, it's man-made fibers with a plastic handle (it's a great one by Men-U and performs as well as my badger brushes!). So once I'm done I rinse it out under the shower and just pop it in the shower caddy. As it's not real hair I don't have to worry about the bristles in it. It may not be the best answer but I find I'm kinda lazy.
    I have lots of nice badger brushes and when I use one of those I make sure to rinse it off, towel buff it dry (just wipe is gently back and forth on a soft towel as if trying to gently lather the towel!) and then store it back into my collection. I like using them, but it is more effort (did I mention I'm lazy?!) so I use the synthetic for most day-to-day shaves and take out a nice badger when I'm having more of a treat shower/shave.

GDCarrington and PLANofMAN like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Fixed that for ya.

Though I'm not a lady and I don't shave in the shower, my suggestion would be to just make sure you take it into the shower with you, then follow Barber Eile's advise about her badger brushes.

4. ella

ella Member

Synthetic sounds like a great choice--I'm all about ease of use. If my bathroom ever gets an upgrade, I'll look into a brush upgrade lol.

Barber Eile likes this.
  5. ella

ella Member

Thank you!

6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My brush is badger, with a plastic handle. In between showers, I store it on a brush stand, in the counter next to the bathroom sink.

7. asleep2shave

asleep2shave Well-Known Member

I store mine in my husband's large shaving cabinet/wardrobe that's right beside the bathroom. Since I have little kids I can't keep anything where they can see it. If I'm not careful my son will probably try to eat my brush lol

8. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team

http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/thats-silver-tipped-badger-kid.28809/ That reminds me of this thread I posted a while ago.:D

9. asleep2shave

asleep2shave Well-Known Member

10. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

I have badger, boar, horse and synthetic. They are velcroed to my cabinet and hang upside down for storage. I rinse them after each use, fluff them with a towel and hang them.

I haven't any problems with this method.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  11. ella

ella Member

That's a great idea--I've seen holders that suction cup to the shower wall but hadn't thought of velcro. Another idea was an over-door hanger, since it's a shower stall.

My DE razor arrived yesterday and is cherry! Just needs a vinegar rinse, some alcohol to sterilize, and she'll be ready to shave :)

ETA: Just bought an H.I.S. synthetic brush. Might see what the local drugstore has by way of shave soap/cream to start me off.

PLANofMAN and Shawna like this.