TSD Lanolin Shave Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by thinklikeh20, Jul 29, 2012.

1. thinklikeh20

thinklikeh20 Active Member

This soap is amazing. It took me by surprise, I'm a customer for life.

This shave soap is such a unique product, its like a really hard cream. After receiving my custom scents I'm hooked. It seems to resemble a soft version of MWF, and lathers into a bubble free cream effortlessly.

Simply amazing, try it if you can.

2. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I will, thanks for posting!

Llyr likes this.
  3. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I'm waiting for the store to open up again and then I will be on that same high like you.

Llyr likes this.
  4. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I picked this up in the Winter Pagoda scent, it's good stuff. Skin care is superb.

Llyr likes this.
  5. coche1

coche1 Actively Wishing Member

I believe that there are some discounted items (including the new lanolin soap) if you put your order through now, while the store is on delayed shipping... ;)

Llyr likes this.
  6. Ryan B

I placed my order about two weeks ago but I'm a patient man... I don't even remember what scent I ordered. ;)

Llyr likes this.
  7. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I had the privileged of testing a sample of this soap. While it has some definite similarities to MWF, it's definitely its own product. I think those who have a hard time lather MWF will prefer TSD Lanolin. You also have more scent choices here (not that MWF isn't a great scent). In terms of lather quality and skin care, both are great, but they're a little different.

Llyr likes this.
  8. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I have a bunch in my shopping cart but I keep flip flopping scents LOL.

Llyr and Switchermike like this.
  9. thinklikeh20

I agree, the lanolin soap lathers so easy. MWF has never really given me issues, but I'm really liking how yogurty and creamy TSD lanolin gets. Really good stuff, makes me want to sell all my various soaps and stock up on TSD lanolin and RazoRock products.

Llyr likes this.
  10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I wonder if JoAnna would consider making a "Lanolin SOTQ"?;)

Llyr likes this.
  11. thinklikeh20

I was seriously just wondering that. I would subscribe for sure.

Llyr likes this.
  12. Ryan B

I just got my order in the mail today. TSD cream unscented and the Lanolin Irish Spring Type.

13. JimPo42

JimPo42 Purported Hand-Shaver

+1 on the LSOTQ

Llyr likes this.
  14. ebag

ebag New Member

Would someone please do a short breakdown for me on TSD cream/soap/soap?
    There is a cream, a soap, and a lanolin soap? And all those have same set of scents?

Llyr likes this.
  15. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    You guys are incorrigible! :p
    I knew y'all would do this to me. :D Now is not a good time, of course, but I'll delve into a LSOTQ when I have the time. :)

TSD soaps and cream just have different ingredients.
    Yes, there is a cream, a soap, and a lanolin soap.
    Yes, they all have the same set of scent options.

16. ebag

ebag New Member

Thank you! I am sure there is also a thread with description of each type? or maybe recommendations on soap vs lanolin soap?

Llyr likes this.
  17. byrd

byrd Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be fair to give short cuts....You will have to try them all just like me!!!;)

Llyr and Queen of Blades like this.
  18. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Description of each type? You mean the scents, or the base products? I have the scents listed here.
    The Lanolin soap is brand new, and this thread is the only one I've seen about it so far. People are just now getting them.
    Otherwise, folks tend to be either into soaps or creams, and purchase accordingly.
    :happy097:

Llyr likes this.
  19. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I've yet to meet a TSD product I didn't love. The soaps I have are enough to actually make me want to ditch everything else in my medicine cabinet. After ordering more from the shave den shop of course, but I may end up getting injured by someone who lives in my house ;)

20. ebag

ebag New Member

I am a soap guy... So the only difference between 2 soap are added lanolin?
    Are there any "must try" scents? I don't like Tabac and Arko, or any of the "masculine" scents, but fresh is good. I am really not ready to order every scent until I try the soap :)

Llyr likes this.