Sideburns - where do you stop?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Galactus, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Galactus

Galactus Member

Where do people shave their sideburns up to? I tend to change, normally going with mutton chops or 'worse'. Though sometimes I keep it simple and just grow a straight sideburn to just past my ear, if not any of those then the highest I'll usually go is middle of my ear. For the first time in years, I have shaved my sideburns COMPLETELY. They stop at my actual hairline now, this is surprisingly liberating.

2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I stop mine about 2mm below the top of my ear just so I stay within regulations.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

About a quarter inch below the point where the top of my ear meets my head.

PadreTex likes this.
  4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I take a nice middle of the road approach and stop halfway between "no sideburns" and "muttonchops." I use the bottom lobe of my ear as a guide. I like the slightly old fashioned look long sideburns give.:)

5. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

When I look like Bradley Wiggins:cool:

6. emmijack

emmijack Well-Known Member

My sideburns tend to get straggly if I let them get too long, I keep mine halfway down my ear!!!

7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

My barber trims them to about the middle of the tragus (the front nub on the ear that hair grows out of :ashamed001: ). I try to keep it about there when I shave, but somehow they tend to get a bit longer.

8. Indiexsunrise

Indiexsunrise Well-Known Member

I fear we keep the same look. I used to keep mutton chops when I had long hair. Now that I have a respectable hair cut I keep my side burns in check

Mechguy and PLANofMAN like this.
  9. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

No sideburns, I keep my hair in a modified high and tight, so side burns would look ridiculous.

awake2shave likes this.
  10. over5feet

over5feet Active Member

The best sideburns belong to the fastest Brit :scared007: images.jpeg

11. Galactus

Galactus Member

hmm that has given me inspiration for my next style

12. drewcandraw

drewcandraw Member

i usually get my sideburns to form the chinstrip since im a young cat but as i have been growing my hair back to my college days i stop at the top of the ear lobe so its pretty high but it looks better with long hair i feel

13. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

Times and styles change.
    When I was younger and I couldn't really grow sideburns, so I wanted them long.
    Now that I want to pretend that I am an adult and in control I keep them around the top of the ear.
    My barber keeps me honest, and I keep it there.

14. DaveL

DaveL Active Member

Mine are kept up even with the top of my ears.