Schick Injector Question

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by poppi, Aug 2, 2012.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Schick Injector Question
    So, I picked up 5 injectors the other day at a flea market and have decided to get some blades and try them out. Got to order the blades as nobody carries them anymore around here.

Anyway, I think I have a M1 Adjustable, a Grip, an I1, an E3 and a G8.

I would like to know if there is any difference on how " aggresive" these might be or are the all the same?

An since I've never used one, any tips on how to use them?

Thanks in advance and enjoy your shave.

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Typically, the older ones are more aggressive than the newer ones, but only your face can tell you for sure. The Es and Gs are definitely more aggressive than the Ms and Ls (grip). But this is going to be an experience most like cart shaving, just remember that your grip has to pivot since the razor head won't. Also, for some, a grip closer to the head is more helpful than a handle-based grip and some skin stretching can be helpful for a closer shave as well (somewhat like with straight shaving).

Good luck & enjoy!

3. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

I haven't found any of them aggressive to the point where you'd have to worry.

4. richgem

btw, @OP, pics would be great.

5. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

PICS would help ;)

6. Cole Tierney

Cole Tierney New Member

Could anyone recommend where I could find blades for a C1 Simplified Schick Automatic Razor? I've been using the injector blades, but I don't need the injector tool. I just need blades to fill the magazine in the handle.

Thanks for any tips!

7. richgem

Unless you find something NOS (very very unlikely at this point), your only option is to manually remove the blades from the injector key and assemble them into the C1 magazine yourself. As far as I've ever seen, injector blades are sold only in the key these days.

GDCarrington likes this.
  8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

There are some injectors without the key at one of the on-line barber depots....But it doesn't matter....any injector blade will work, you just have to do as richgem said and manually load then to your magazine....Congratulations on the Schick Repeater.....Too cool for school...

Aggression order would be from most aggressive to mildest...:1.E3, 2.G8, 3.I1, 4.Grip(L),.....M1 is adjustable...on its highest settings I've found most come close to the E types...
    But as someone said, I don't believe any of them are scary aggressive...I love them all....congratulations on the Schick Score....The Injector & SE Party Thread needs for you to bring your 'Chorus Line" of Schicks on over and join the party....Just keep them flat on you face...the blade is held at a perfect angle already...and even though they are very light, they don't need pressure...The blade is sharp enough to do the work without pressure...

P.S. If you need to order blades....a good way to save money are the EMS/Personnas.....
    Below is the EMS product discription, order no.'s and contact info.
    Stainless Steel "PTFE" Coated 20 blades in a dispenser.
    71990 Dispenser each 4.50
    71991 Dispenser 10/lot 42.00

Phone: 215-412-8400Toll Free: 800-523-5874

9. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Well, it turns out the one I thought was an E3, upon closer inspection, appears to be a G1. Used it today, got the angle right, but used too much pressure. Weepers everywhere (well, 3 actually) and a good case of razor burn. Note to self, no pressure

10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    You can use standard injector blades. You just need to manually load them. The thinner blades have a tendency to jam in the razor, so use care. If you want the old thicker blades, check eBay, they usually have one or two NOS magazines. Search for "repeating razor NOS" or "NOS magazine razor" and they should turn up. Just be prepared to pay $25-$30 for twenty blades.
    [​IMG]

11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Hi,

Sorry if it's already been said but you should be able to load the E manually, if it has the flip-over lever that opens the head (mine does, it's the only reason I own it as my only remaining injector...to use up loose blades).

As for aggressiveness, you have nothing to worry about until you try Pal's injectors (not that I'm suggesting you do). They can double as ice scrapers.

GDCarrington likes this.
  12. richgem

IIRC, only the E1 (and maybe the earlier E2s?) has a flip open head. The other Es require a key to load.

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Very true, I always forget model variants.

14. richgem

There are so many. But, that's what makes it interesting. :)

15. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I can get three shaves from them ...

16. richgem

Nice find!

But... "liquid ball bearings"? <chuckle>

Have you noticed that none of the injector commercials (including the Schick ones I remember from the '70s) show the old blade being ejected?

GDCarrington likes this.
  17. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

18. richgem

But does it shimmy like my sister Kate?

19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

So...some marketing genius at Schick decided to hype their injector's non-shimmy at the expense of their own Krona? Interesting choice.

20. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

But that shimmy or lack there of, is what probably made Schick the best selling razor in the U.S. for years...Now Betty Grable on the other hand....well she was lacking.....nothing at all...;)