Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Guess I need to jump in here. This just arrived in the mail today! Not bad for $3.00!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MoAllen and GDCarrington like this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Enjoy, and remember that you don't have to wait for the EMS order, you can get the blades on Amazon in a dispenser of 20 as we discussed.

3. TheFiveO

Thank you and thanks for the reloading lesson. I took the blade out of the razor and used that as my "base" blade for future blades. Your advise on how to refill the injector was invaluable!! Thank you again!

4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Hmm...

Do single edge razors that take DE blades and shavettes that take injector blades belong in here?
    [​IMG]

Asd and MoAllen like this.
  5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

It exposes a single edge, just like when GEM used the dual edged blades in the single edge razor and you had to flip the razor. It does belong.

6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I'd completely forgotten about that. Micromatics, wasn't it? The blades still turn up from time to time on eBay.

7. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Man, there's some good looking injectors here, a rare black handle E, a $3 cased I. Some really good hardware!

8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Correct. They were called Gem Reversible.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  9. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Ok so I finally got my Den almost put back together and was able to cleanup the Schick black handle E5 last night. This morning I loaded a Schick blade and decided to give the razor a try.

ended up with a near BBS shave with out irritation or blood. it was actually a very smooth and pleasant shave.

DSCN2048.JPG

Of course in keeping with Menthol Monday and the Menthol Theme week I use TSD Iced Spearmint Wheat Cream and TSD Iced Coconut Lime Verbena AS splash.

Asd, MoAllen and GDCarrington like this.
  10. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

For me, it's Injector "E" week with Institute Karite soap.

11. TheFiveO

Okay here is today arrival in the mailbox. Not bad for about $12 plus shipping. This has supposedly never been used......of course til now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yesterday I used the previously posted I1 with my wife's great great grandfathers Dubl Duck boar brush from the early 30's! Talk about a vintage night!

Asd, GDCarrington and MoAllen like this.
  12. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Now ya talkin'....sounds very romantic....Hope you listened to some Jazz...:)....I can't see why some cats say injectors remind them of carts....I don't see it....they are so very retro...and very hip retro at that....I dig that 'I1' white coupe of yours. I always thought it was a hallmark of beauty...So Streamlined....and this 'J' carries on that streamlined theme with a longer wheelbase....:)

Let us know how the 'J' compares to the 'I'....Some say its milder....whats your take ?

You know the great thing is...that these guys are some of the best little shavers on the planet.....and all that vintage, cool stuff is just icing on the cake.....kind of like a great shave + attitude....lol...ha,ha,ha.....

13. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

My wife and daughter use the EMS/Ted Pella blades and I do also; we have the 20 blade pack and have had no problems. They say that the shave lasts four days and if using a cartridge, only two days. Unfortunately, I have just bought my third Paul Revere because they claimed the other two and I had no vote in the matter:angry017:

14. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

I got these earlier this month and overpaid for three of them because of being constantly outbid....... Dial, Easy Rider, G, Pal Adjustable, F 1940 Art Deco Alloy-Brass head
    DSC04761.JPG

Asd and MoAllen like this.
  15. TheFiveO

How'd you find another Paul Revere? I have been on the hunt for just 1 !!!

16. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Paid too much for one and traded a rare razor to someone for the other.....got lucky? They do not come up very often and when they do, a bid of around $35 or 40 will usually be in the running. I just consider them like the Fatboys of the DE bidding wars. Good luck as I only see four or five come up on ebay in a year. Jody may be of help as he is the best at this and sells collectable razors on his website; he is a great guy as well. http://www.renaldo.us/

17. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Excellent!

18. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

Here's a random question for the Injector crowd (as I'm gearing up to use mine): what are the blades like? Can they be flipped? I know they're usually inserted with the key/magazine, but if you were inserting one without a magazine, would it matter which direction it went in (so long as the blade itself is facing forward)? I suppose that wouldn't be a concern since they come preloaded and ready in their magazines, but I was just curious.

19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

They will usually tell you which way the key is to go (right side). Follow the instructions that were sent. Did you get the blades from EMS or are you going to buy an injector dispenser with blades from Amazon?

20. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

I'll likely be ordering from EMS as soon as I get a chance. Gee, the Injector is just staring at me, screaming "Get some blades already!!" I guess what I'm wondering is if the blades are like DE blades in that it doesn't matter which side is up or down. I'm just curious about the shape of the blade itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.