Star Trek..The TSD Generation...

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Slipperyjoe, May 25, 2012.

1. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

Indeed it did
    [​IMG]

Slipperyjoe, wlmcad and richgem like this.
  2. Sergio Campos

Sergio Campos Active Member

Or movies for that matter. I didn't know about this movie until I saw this post. I downloaded it and watched it yesterday. What a great movie, it's been a long time since I saw such a good movie. Scary too, even though now this topic has been used to exhaustion, but this must have been one of the first movies to mention this type of world domination evil beings... Thanks for the tip.

Slipperyjoe likes this.
  3. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Glad you enjoyed it. You might also want to check this one out..another great classic of that same era..

Sergio Campos likes this.
  4. Sergio Campos

This one I've seen already, a great movie too, even better than Colossus. By the way, I found a download for "Classic Sci Fi Film Vault". It has these two and many others. Who says shaving doesn't improve your culture, huh ? :)

Slipperyjoe likes this.
  5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

6. Slipperyjoe

Ach lad..yourrr gonna need something to wash that down with...

7. gollum83

gollum83 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

And my personal favorite:

[​IMG]

richgem likes this.
  8. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

:rofl:

9. Slipperyjoe

Dr. Bean I presume..

Queen of Blades likes this.
  10. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

That movie is an adaptation of the first book of a three book series. One day, when I have more money, I want to buy used copies of all three books. They're all out of print so they're kinda pricey.

Sergio Campos and Slipperyjoe like this.
  11. Slipperyjoe

Thanks for the info about the book series.. might make an interesting read. I'm gonna check out the library and also the E book listings. And apparently there's a new remake of the film with Will Smith in the works..http://screenrant.com/will-smith-colossus-forbin-project-ron-howard-kofi-83916/

12. Sergio Campos

I didn't know that! Well, I am out to find copies as well. If I find two sets, I'll get one for you... :)

13. Sergio Campos

They are definitely changing the ending... Which is a pity, but today you can't make a movie without the same rigid structure as all other movies, in fear of scaring the audience.

14. Slipperyjoe

The original film has a delightful eery quality. The vintage sound track combined with the more leisurely pacing of that era, I think lends a touch of realism which the new films have difficulty in matching, despite a host of state of the art computer generated effects. Though the remake might really be worth a look, the new version will probably lack the rich spooky ambiance of the original...

15. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

Slipperyjoe and Zereoue20 like this.
  16. Zereoue20

Zereoue20 Active Member

I know there were star trek shows, but the original was before my time and I never really got into it. This, however, I loved hearing before school on the morning show back in the 80s.

17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Oh my, I haven't heard this one in years! I love it!!

Zereoue20 likes this.
  18. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

I missed this story the first time around. It's cool to look at, but I can't imagine living there. Which might explain the divorce.

Slipperyjoe likes this.
  19. Zereoue20

Zereoue20 Active Member

20. Slipperyjoe

The place seems to lack that cozy lived in ambiance. It might feel like your getting scanned and beamed all the time lol. If your gonna do a Trekkie motif, I'd maybe pick something along the lines of a crewman's quarters...

wlmcad likes this.