Travel Brush?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by BossManBill, Mar 13, 2013.

1. BossManBill

BossManBill Well-Known Member

In the market for a travel brush. I like the Jagger and saw a brand called "Kingsley" on amazon that offers a similar style. I prefer badger or synthetic over boar.

Anyone use one? Recommendations?

2. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

I am not sure of your budget, but my favorite is the Simpson's Case in best or pure especially if you can find a Somerset. It is also in my weekly rotation; the Wee Scott was too small and did not work for me for a number of reasons. Also, the AOS travel brush is outstanding and my Son in Law now has it; he travels all of the time. Find a large pill holder and drill several holes in the cap and on the sides; it allows you to spend a little more on the brush and works great especially if you have a friend in your favorite pharmacy.;)

BossManBill likes this.
  3. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

Omega has a badger/boar mix travel brush. I think they call it the "mixed midget". Have heard good things about it, and i think the price is around 15 bucks.

BossManBill likes this.
  4. Moe

Moe Active Member

Unfortunately only experience I have with synthetics is the early TGN knot. It works pretty good. I hear that many consider the Muhle fiber brush to be the best synthetic but it's kind of costly. Also hear good things about the Frank Shaving synthetic.

BossManBill likes this.
  5. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

Currently using a Rooney turnback. Very good travel brush but stupid expensive for what it is.

DSCN1920a.jpg

BossManBill likes this.
  6. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

PSA: Just say "No!" to the L'Occitane Synthetic Travel Brush. Looks great, but she'll fill you with hate. Horrible knot.

BossManBill likes this.
  7. BossManBill

But she's a beauty!

8. BossManBill

The AoS stuff is nice, but too pricey for what it is - IMHO. I'm trying to stay in the $25-50 price range. Might be a tall order, but I'm sure there are bargains out there.

Everyone has been very helpful!

9. Hirsute

Hirsute Active Member

Another vote for the Omega 11047. Mixed badger and boar, its a great little brush with enough scrub for hard soaps and also fits the Simpson travel tube. I even use it in my regular rotation when I'm not traveling. Very comfortable size to face lather and despite its size holds enough lather for 3 passes.

10. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

11. jds1

jds1 New Member

One more vote for the Omega 11047. A super brush and a great value.

Jeff

12. mdarnton

mdarnton New Member

I bought a Frank Shaving travel brush on Ebay for about $25. It's got threads on the handle, and threads up into a plastic tube. The brush is nice, but I had to break it in out of the tube, and don't store it in there. When it's in the tube, all of the hair gathers up in a tight bundle that doesn't let go of lather well. But the brush, once it spread out, is a good one, firm and soft.

This one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Finest-Badg...rush-Scarborough-E24F-20mm-Knot-/280789722161

13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sorry, but I just don't get the idea of a "travel" brush. I personally don't think an extra couple of mm's or a few more 100ths of an ounce takes up enough room in the suitcase or dopp bag to warrent a special brush.

But that's me. Hope you find what you're looking for.

BigT and tuxxdk like this.
  14. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I use a Wee Scot, is easily fits into the snap-shut soap case I store my razor and blades in and is great with lather.

15. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I have 2 reasons I like the Omega 646232 synthetic as a travel brush. It comes in a plastic tube that's easy to pack and protects the brush, and it's synthetic and dries quickly. It's not particularly small though.

16. About travel brushes, the best I ever tried (and I tried over 50...) is definitely the Case 1 Simpson's .... If you need ONE travel brush, this Case 1 is just what you need...
    Of course price matters .... but it will last for decades.... without loosing a single hair .....
    Several small brushes made also by Simpson will fit their convenient travel case ...

another choice could be to design and build your own small brush, it's quiet easy and re use a vintage brush container ....

17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

If your goal is to get something smaller, Whipped Dog has 20mm brushes that are not too pricey, in badger.