Manscaping?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Ryan B, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I just read an interesting thread on manscaping on the Nook, and thought I would bring some of it over here. So here are the questions...

Who here Manscapes i.e. shaving chest, pits, stomach, back, down low or other areas?

What do you think of those who do it?

If you answered yes to the first one, do you do it for yourself; or for the chicks?

Ladies, feel free to add to the conversation too.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

3. Kawika503

Kawika503 Active Member

I got some time before my next lecture, I'll go...

Who here Manscapes i.e. shaving chest, pits, stomach, back, down low or other areas?
    Face and Below The Waist; I'm just not that hairy

What do you think of those who do it?
    To each their own

If you answered yes to the first one, do you do it for yourself; or for the chicks?
    Face: For myself - I've always enjoyed being clean shaven...always made me feel more put together.
    BTW: for the wife-to-be...of course :)

Ryan B likes this.
  4. Ryan B

I see manscaping as something more of a generational thing. Obviously my parents' generation doesn't understand why my generation does it in full force, but times change.

There are a few reasons why I shave my face: the guard, I can't grow very full facial hair, it feels better, and I actually know what I'm doing when I shave.

I trim other parts of me. My body is weird though. I have a full head of hair with a good hairline, my back has little to no hair, my chest is just now starting to need to be shaved, my legs aren't very hairy, but my hair is dark and it makes the hair stand out. My girlfriend says she likes stubble, but hates chest hair, back hair, a lot of leg hair, and a hippie bush downstairs.

5. Kawika503

Kawika503 Active Member

:happy102:

I agree, "Manscaping" and "Metro-sexuality" are definitely interests divided mostly, generationaly. I have the luck of being on the cusp of Generation X and Milleniums. Thus, I have learned to recognize both sides of a GenX/Millenium discussions and for the most part, I can empathize with both generations. However, I feel my own personal views to side more with the X generation.

My dad, thinks most people who partake in "manscaping" at any length, are weirdos. In the same light, I think his generation is old-fashion and that they like to do things the hard way because it gives them something to grumble about. Again...to each their own.

Ryan B likes this.
  6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

grumble, grumble

Ryan B, battle.munky and Kawika503 like this.
  7. Ryan B

I think I'm a product of the Millenium Generation then. Times have sure changed though. It's actually pretty complicated to explain to older people that girls nowadays aren't into chest pubes and that they think back hair is gross. But they seem to like beards or stubble; which totally confuses me. But then again, when did men and women actually understand each other?

Kawika503 likes this.
  8. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I read that 85% of women generelly don't like stubble and/or beard.

9. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

'Manscaping'? Really? The next thing ya' know, men will be wearing earrings! Oops....nevermind. ;)
    Grumbling aside, I do have three sons (ages 20 to 26) who aren't into piercing, tattoos nor any sort of male 'body shaving.' They do, however, on occasion shave their facial whiskers.

10. Bobby Mac

Bobby Mac Member

Yes I manscape... Not my body; just my face and the nether region.

Why do I do it? Well, for starters I am a little vain (not terribly, but I am) 2nd, it feels really nice - its hard to explain; its just very comfortable and clean! Plus my wife appreciates my attention to how I appear (Ive been called a metro-sexual, more than once).

Anyway, I just dont see shaving your chest and or back, legs, etc. Unless your Gorilla hairy or have crazy muscles!

*On a side - I was going to ask about manscapping but wasnt sure if Swarden would scold me again (just kidding, we talked a few times, because Im not great a reading instructions) anyway since you brought it up! Does or would anyone attempt it with a DE/Safety Razor? My brother in law talked about that the other day and we just couldnt imagine it!? We are both very used to the cartridges and their forgiveness...

11. srpavko

srpavko Fastrak Super Duty Hustler

Nope, nope and nope. Would need more blades than we all have combined to take down my chest hair alone! No back hair though so I'm all good!! My lady likes me this way so I stay this way. Even if she didn't I'd stay this way.

I could care less what anyone else shaves, to each their own. I now the younger generation has this excessive hatred of body hair, but I don't.

12. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

NO...NO...NO. Thank the Lord I've been married for 27 years because if in todays world you have to shave your arse to get a date then I would most likely be single and have one arm larger than the other. lol

13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

To add a female perspective, I like a man with a smooth face & chest. Happily, my husband likes a clean shave and doesn't have a hairy chest naturally.

srpavko likes this.
  14. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

[​IMG]

I think I'll post a better one in the dirty jokes section

battle.munky, Metro, Raven312 and 4 others like this.
  15. Ryan B

I do it for hygiene reasons and so I get a second encounter with the ladies ;). I just trim, so that way the ladies still know I'm a man. Taking an actual razor to it is suicide.

I trim, I have tattoos, no piercings, keep my hair short and lined up, don't leave the house in pajamas, and plan on getting a manicure. Whatever keeps the ladies from having a hippie bush.

16. srpavko

srpavko Fastrak Super Duty Hustler

Next time you think about manscaping for a lady. Go watch Duck Dynasty and ask yourself "what would paw paw Phil do?" :p

BigT and Ryan B like this.
  17. Ryan B

I love Duck Dynasty, but no way will I have a long beard like that or really long hair. :O

srpavko likes this.
  18. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I'm probably lucky to be firmly in Gen X so I don't have to go through that. I would need an open comb razor and a big stack of blades the first time. :)

srpavko likes this.
  19. Kawika503

Kawika503 Active Member

Kudos to the man (or woman) who takes a DE down south! I will forgo, thank you. There's a reason I still keep a cart razor around :)

Thank goodness you said blades...

20. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

LMAO

srpavko likes this.