Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. KcHighLife

KcHighLife Well-Known Member

I thought it might be fun to post a thread for pipe of the day discussion, pictures etc. I'll start things off.
    I had some Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake in a Mr Brog pipe.
    [​IMG]

If there is another thread I should have posted this in please let me know since I'm a newbie, thank you. Happy smoking!

2. KcHighLife

Orlik Golden Sliced in a different Mr Brog.
    [​IMG]

3. KcHighLife

Escudo Navy De Luxe in a Calabresi.
    [​IMG]

4. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Seems like an interesting hobby. I've started collecting zippo's but not pipes.....as of yet...

5. KcHighLife

I sold all but a few of my Zippo lighters, had quite a few. I haven't been having very many pipes as of late but I sure have been thinking about it. Usually when that happens I start having a few a week...then once a day, LOL!

6. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

Today I enjoyed a bowl of Luxury Twist Flake in a WDC Wellington folded and stuffed. Nice..... Whatever you do, stay away from pipes! RAD and PAD are horribly real!

7. KcHighLife

Haha! Very true. I decided to work a little Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake in my Gourd Calabash tonight.
    [​IMG]
    The tobacco in the background is not FVF, I was taking pictures for some of my work peers.

8. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

Nice pipe Kc. I have to get a calabash. I hear they are awesome smokers.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  9. Barrylu

Barrylu Well-Known Member

I've had these 2 pipes for years. Are they worth anything? I haven't smoked a pipe in over 30 years. 002.JPG 004.JPG

10. KcHighLife

Carbide Mike likes this.
  11. KcHighLife

Thanks and yes they are! A very unique experience. It is what I would imagine a churchwarden would smoke like, nice and cool. I've not had anything in a churchwarden yet.

Carbide Mike and Tsalagi44 like this.
  12. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

I have one CW now and it's a commission pipe by Basil Meadows from Reddog Pipes. It's actually a two stem pipe and it smokes nice and cool. It's a poker with thick walls and some killer rustication on it.

The-Pipe-Smoker and Carbide Mike like this.
  13. KcHighLife

Sounds awesome. I'd love to see a pic sometime.

JohnDB, Carbide Mike and Tsalagi44 like this.
  14. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

[​IMG]
    Excuse the mess. It's a work bench.
    Here is a 1969 Pete I received yesterday-my birth year. Woot! My first Peterson!
    [​IMG]

15. KcHighLife

Both beautiful pieces! I'd love to find a '69 Pete for my Birth year. In fairness, I haven't looked that hard, LOL. Looking good!
    I did have a pipe today to finish out my lunch. One of my small ones (an EWA) with Prince Albert. I'll take a pic tomorrow, didn't get the chance today.
    Wow, that CW is awesome. I have a few pipe types that I want to get to finish out the rotation, a poker (I'm thinking nose warmer though), churchwarden, and a meerschaum.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  16. KcHighLife

Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader in a Mr Brog Scoot.
    [​IMG]

17. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

I like the Mr. Brog pipes and have heard nothing but good things about them. Have you seen the Lumberjack? It's huge. It would make a good nosewarmer for ya! I just noticed you have a metal pipe in your pic. I'm a metal pipe collector. Is that a Falcon?

Carbide Mike likes this.
  18. KcHighLife

Yes, it is a Falcon. Nice and cool smoke too.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  19. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Depending on the size, carved meerschaums will sell brand new from around $45 to around $150. Perhaps someone else has seen them priced a lot higher than this, but I have not, in looking in a couple of the better known pipe shops in Alabama and Tennessee. Actually smooth meerschaums are costlier than the carved, because it takes a larger piece of meerschaum without any flaws. Hope this helps.

Carbide Mike and KcHighLife like this.
  20. KcHighLife

I didn't think to be more specific yesterday. Yes, I love the Brog pipes, they are nice and light. And yes, I have seen the Lumberjack...not exactly my style.

Carbide Mike and Tsalagi44 like this.