What's for dinner tonight?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by txskimo, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

That depends if there are any additional ingredients.
    [​IMG]

Matt0210 and Rufus T. like this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

heart attack on a plate and way too filling. :(

OTOH, these look pretty tasty...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    Rufus T. and Erik Redd like this.
  3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

you have habaneros in the garden ready now?? You must live farter west than I

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

That looks awesome, but I would like some thai peppers in it please

Bama Samurai and richgem like this.
  5. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

I'm doing a little experimenting tonight. Yesterday I was given a bunch of frozen meat from my dad and got a little pork loin. Originally I was just going to cook it in the oven but that's not very exciting. The new plan was to cut it like you'd make pork chops then beat it and make a chicken fried type deal. That's not very exciting either though so of course it's going to get wrapped in bacon. The question I can't answer is if I should just coat the beaten pork then leave the bacon naked or go ahead and coat the bacon in a mixture of flour and bread crumbs. Decisions decisions.....

Rufus T. likes this.
  6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Well?

7. txskimo

[​IMG]

Besides me over cooking them it turned out good taste wise. I think to make the process easier next time I'm going to grind the meat first. I think for breakfast I'm going to deep fry some bacon....mmmmm

BamaT, Bama Samurai and Rufus T. like this.
  8. Bama Samurai

You basically made pork weinerschnitzel! All of the chicken fried steak down in TX comes from the Czech and German immigrants trying to recreate home. Same for Shiner beer! Glad it worked.

Matt0210 and txskimo like this.
  9. txskimo

Awesome! I wish I knew what weinerschnitzel was it sounds cooler than chicken fried steak.

"A Schnitzel made of pork can be called "Schnitzel Wiener Art" (Viennese style schnitzel) or "Wiener Schnitzel vom Schwein" (Viennese schnitzel from pork)."

These sound even cooler!

Bama Samurai likes this.
  10. Medicdad417

Medicdad417 Well-Known Member

Tonight I cam home after a very long 48 hour shift on the boo boo bus and my wife let me take a nap and woke me up with center cut pork chops, fresh southern style green beans, fresh homemade garlic and cheese bread, garden salad, and fresh squeezed lemon aid. Not to mention the umteen loads of laundry were done, house was picked up, kids were quite, and all her nursing school work done for tommorow. What did I do right? but I should do it more often, did I mention how much I love her.

11. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

On holiday on Mayne Island, BC Canada.

Off to the village dock and the local fishmonger.
    fishmonger.JPG

Fresh crab for the Gang!
    crab.JPG

Fresh caught sockeye salmon going on the grill soon...

Mangiare!
    RT

BigMark83, txskimo, Bill_F and 3 others like this.
  12. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Is the brush for applying drawn butter?

Matt0210, txskimo, Bill_F and 3 others like this.
  13. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

We have a winner! :bounce017:

...and afterwards it makes a slick preshave!

14. cmorris357

A real BBS but instead of baby bottom smooth it's butter basted smooth. You don't even need soap and razor; just let the cat lick your whiskers off.

15. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

That is WRONG on so many levels. Two of my favorite foods....crab and Pacific Salmon. And the razor is there smelling it, basking in its glory. And I'm sitting here drooling all over my keyboard:drool:. So if it stops worKi#g rigHT@@@ it issssss totallyh you8r fajult.

16. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Tonight we stopped in at a family owned oyster bar and seafood restaurant. Just a tad more than a hole in the wall type eatery, but a far cry from the chain outfits, white tableclothes, etc. my wife had a pecan catfish dinner, served over cole slaw with a corn relish type of side that I couldn't begin to pronounce. I had a creole sampler with red beans and rice, jumbalaya, and gumbo. It was all great! To me, Mexican or creole food really isn't very good unless your nose is running and you're breaking out in a sweat. Happily, I soon had my hankerchief out dabbing at my nose, and sweating a bit! And perhaps the best of all were their hush puppies with a remoloude sauce for dipping. Outstanding!

17. cmorris357

The corn dish is probably maque choux pronounced like Mach shoe. Delicious stuff. The whole meal sounds terrific.

18. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

You are right! That's exactly what it was, and thanks for the pronunciation help, I now remember that's how the waitres said it. And it was good! The maque choux and the entire meal. Honestly, that was some of the best jumbalaya and gumbo I've ever had.

19. Bama Samurai

Macque Choux is my fave Cajun/Creole veg dish.

I agree with @Bama T , if the food is causing one's brow and temples to sweat involuntarily, yet one can continue eating without needing to drink constantly, the heat level is dialed in.

20. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Tonight for dinner my lovely bride with my assistance made sauce and meatballs for my birthday dinner. For Being 100% Ukrainian she makes a terrific sauce. I'm proud to say I ate like a pig.

BamaT, Bama Samurai and NCoxSTL like this.