Soap rotation

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Medicdad417, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Medicdad417

Medicdad417 Well-Known Member

Now that I have accumulated several soaps (23 I think), how does everyone decide on the rotation? Thinking weekly, maybe monthly, but then how does one fit in the menthol Mondays...oh the agony.

Maybe I need to use a radomizer or give the dice a roll...oh the anticipation...

I know I'll blind fold my self and the first one I grab is the one I use, as long as I don't shave with the blind fold on.

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I have twenty soaps and creams, and I just made the list, and I go to the next one on the list each day. I feel like I am never going to run out of soap. My TOBS lavender is getting low, I can see about 50 cents worth of the bottom. At this rate it will probably last another three months or more.

Jim99 likes this.
  3. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

I just take the one I feel like using that particular day, but have considered a randomizer of some sort.

Paul Turner, RetLEO-07 and Herm2502 like this.
  4. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

I only have a few. I just randomly grab from the cabinet, or whatever I feel like. I still have to test Proraso Red and Cella with my Shavette so those might be up next.

Shaver X and Herm2502 like this.
  5. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Daily morning inspiration strikes. Zero pre-planning unless I just bought a new soap I want to try out for a few days in a row.

Shaver X, Herm2502, Jim99 and 2 others like this.
  6. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

Right now I am doing the 30 Day Rule, so I am only using one soap. I have about 10-12 total and am looking to get more. Before doing the Rule and once I finish it, my system was just like @Darkbulb -- whatever inspiration hits that morning is what I go with unless I have a new soap and then it gets used. I don't think I would enjoy having a fixed schedule, as part of the shaving experience for me is deciding what to use that particular day based on how I am feeling.

Shaver X, Bama Samurai and Jim99 like this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I have near 40 soaps, approximately 8 stacks of 5 each. After I use the soap du jour, it goes into a new stack. Work down one stack, start a new one. I stick to the rotation pretty strict. Only time it varies is when I go on vacation, then I take my Tabac and one of my TSD soaps.
    As for Menthol Mondays, you GOTTA get some TSD M Bomb, then you can add menthol whenever you want it to whatever you want, as much as you want.

DentonMajik, Bama Samurai and Jim99 like this.
  8. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Whim

GDCarrington likes this.
  9. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

I let the soaps tell me who is next... the soap whisperer...

Marc D and wmbjr like this.
  10. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

Choose from the bottom of the stack. Place last weeks soap on the top of the stack.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440684083.438817.jpg

theFAT98 likes this.
  11. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

I have 70 plus soaps and creams so no rotation works. I just pick something that interests me that day.

jeraldgordon likes this.
  12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    At first it was random. Now I divide my den into two collections, which I switch out on the fall and spring solstices (same day as I change my furnace filters).
    They are quasi-divided up by summery scents and fall scents. But the best part is that I get to experience a completely different shave den twice a year.

Rusty blade likes this.
  13. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I'm pretty random about it. I set one on the countertop, use it for two or three shaves, then put it back under the cupboard, exchanging it with another.
    L'occitane, MWF, Proraso Green. Proraso White, Tabac, TOBS sandalwood cream, TOBS Mr. Taylor 's cream, Nivea Sensitive cream and VDH. That's it, and a tub of Cella in the mail

14. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

How did you get your soaps to stand on their sides like that?

Paul Turner, tuxxdk and jeraldgordon like this.
  15. Rusty blade

Nice approach. I have not been able to attribute different scents to different seasons yet.

16. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

I used my IPhone and tapatalk.

wmbjr and Rusty blade like this.
  17. Rusty blade

I try to follow a set rotation, but just as I am about to select my next soap another one on the shelf calls out, "no, no, not that one...pick me, pick me". And of course I give in...

18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    No science necessary. Just divide your den in half and enjoy the change every six months.

19. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I would just pick whatever scent you are in the mood for at that time. I don't have a set rotation or do planned shave, I just select the gear that as I go.

20. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Isn't technology wonderful? A couple of downloadable apps and you can change the laws of physics.