The Holy Grail, well a Wilkinson Sword Profile Mk2...

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Sabre, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Well your probably not as excited as me at having found a Wilkinson Swords Profile Mk2, designed by Kenneth Grange as the "Contact" in 1985. Previously I have only seen photo's of the Grange exhibition and the photo of the bulk saver pack...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

That is has Grange's name attached to it is enough to make me perk up :)

I can't even find a metal/silver Protector.... were they sold to consumers? I only ever see the plastic ones in different colours....

3. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

The revised Protector, which has a more modern cartridge ejector button should have a metal top plate whether silver/metal, blue, red or yellow. These are however not original Grange designs. The earlier version designed by Grange did come in plastic and metal versions. The underside for the revised version is plastic/resin etc.

[​IMG]

Keithmax and engrsaks like this.
  4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Yeah, I want the one in the bottom of that pic :)

5. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

6 Protector Mk1's, I just found 7 of these. I am sure I have another stash that is football/soccer club inspired. I may have another Bond too, these are ultra ultra ultra rare apparently ;)...

[​IMG]

Darkbulb likes this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Are the top left (Bond) and right (Fun) ones both metal or plastic?

7. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

The 007 Protector does look metal, 4 of the 5 Fun Protector's could be alloy or plastic. The Fun protector in the top right hand corner is a plastic see-through handle with a rod inside...

8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

You need a way to display your incredible collection....if not in person have you considered creating a virtual museum of your collection online?
    Like a mr-razor site...but for cartridges?

9. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

If I did create something, I bet the traffic would be 65 people a year ...:)

Darkbulb likes this.
  10. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I emailed Wilkinson Sword once about doing something on their history and they weren't interested or helpful... :(

Darkbulb likes this.
  11. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I kinda doubt it - especially it covers vintage, rare models. I wonder how much traffic Achim is getting. :)

12. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

If a posting on a very rare Soviet made twin blade razor that no one has seen outside of the USSR gets just two additional posters interested in a cartridge forum, I have doubts than many others are interested :( ...

13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

True. Well, it IS a niche w/in a niche..w/in a niche.... Odd Russian....cartridges...wetshaving :)

Btw, looks like mr-razor gets about 7-8,000 views a month - I thought it would be way more than that.

14. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

A table like the Schick Injector versions could be created, and hosted by a willing Forum. I need a decent camera and a photo box, the bandwidth wouldn't be that great, but is it worth the effort? :)

15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

You mean something like this - but for Wilkinson? I'd think even @Billyfergie would visit that ;)

Billyfergie likes this.
  16. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Yes, but there are several updated versions. One is either on here or the 'nook...

17. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Typical I can't even find the others in Google...

18. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I was just gonna ask you for the updated Schick links :D

19. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

PM sent, but there would always be conditions about control. If you have ever created a page on Wikipedia and had some one change it or added details to it that were incorrect, and only been slightly put out ... :angry032: . Even on the Facebook page you highlighted run by Schick, they post Gillette items as Gillette own the Wilkinson Sword trade mark in certain countries...

20. engrsaks

engrsaks Well-Known Member

Why do I get the feeling that you are more of a WS/Schick admirer than Gillette ? :confused: