How do you like your coffee?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Oscar, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

:D

CyanideMetal likes this.
  2. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Thanks for the info, Steve.

swarden43 likes this.
  3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Some milk and a little sugar and I'm good to go!

4. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Expresso. One sugar.

5. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I like my coffee black, but I take a little milk and sugar in my hot tea, especially a strong black tea like Irish Breakfast.

6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    M-F Two cappuccinos. Home roasted beans (Espresso Monkey Blend-Sweet Maria's), Behmor roaster. Rancilio Miss Silvia and Rancilio grinder. Frothed Milk/Sugar. I like my espresso hot and sweet, (like my women).
    Weekends with the wife, Home roasted beans, Columbian, Kenyan, depends, Chemex. Cream, no sugar.

HolyRollah and Redfisher like this.
  7. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I get Guatemalan beans at SAMs club. Pablo's Pride is the brand in a dark roast. Grind in my little Krups grinder and brew in the Mr. Coffee. No cream or sugar. Good stuff! I'm non functional without coffee in the morning.

8. RayC1993

RayC1993 Well-Known Member

It is like drinking a candy bar!! I tell my wife that all the time!! She gets her coffee from Dunkin Donuts and she gets a large ice French Vanilla extra cream extra sugar and 3 shots of mocha... THAT IS NOT COFFEE!!!

9. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I need to get back into home-roasting. I was doing it fairly regularly for several years than got busy with so much other stuff that I failed to make time and put in the effort to do so.
    Sweet Marias was my main provider of the green beans. They're a short drive over the hill from me.

10. Primotenore

Article Team
    If I were that close, I could save a lot on shipping. Tom has a great selection and won't sell crappy beans.

Erik Redd likes this.
  11. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I prefer a Café au lait style, so made with 50% hot milk. I also prefer it sweet, so a sugar or two...

12. Papa Roy

Papa Roy Active Member

Grind my own beans, black n strong.

13. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

What? No Kopi Luwak?:p

Primotenore likes this.
  14. Primotenore

Article Team
    I believe these are the digested and excreted beans? Tell me, how do you like them Erik? Black? Cream? Sugar?

Erik Redd likes this.
  15. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Just like folks that prefer cartridges, or disposables, or SE/DE, or foam, or shaving cream aren't really shaving, right? ;)

16. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

About a month ago, I actually switched to instant coffee. I know, I cannot explain it but I lost my desire for the flavour of pressed coffee. I drank so much of it I needed a change. I picked up Nescafe and its been good.

17. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

image.jpg

jeraldgordon likes this.
  18. RayC1993

RayC1993 Well-Known Member

You got that right my friend !! ;)

19. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

As black coffee is my preference in caffeinated beverage and SRs & soap pucks are my desired choice for shaving,
    I'm not opposed to others choosing their own preferred methods—no matter how inferior their choices may be....:D

[​IMG]

jeraldgordon and RayC1993 like this.
  20. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Still using my cheap little Black n' Decker whirlygig grinder. Makes a big enough difference that the wife can notice it. Just used up a bag of 8 o'Clock's standard beans and bought some Harris Teeter branded Kona (who knows who makes them). They're actually tastier.