my wife

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by rodd, Apr 28, 2008.

1. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

This weekend my wife shocked me. She has always kind of given me a hard time about my obsession with shaving, so I never pushed it on her. This weekend I was using TSD polynesian red, and she asks, "can that be used on legs too?" well yes, yes it sure can, here, you can have this brush, could I make you some lather... Of course she knew that the brush I was giving her was a hand me down that I no longer use, so I will be making her one next week. :D Maybe I should get a lady star to have around, just in case she ever asks about that. ;)

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Nice! :happy088

Start slow though. A brush and soap/cream don't have the same "fear of the unknown" factor as the razor and blades.

3. TSD polynesian red ? Hmmm - What is in that ?

4. netsurfr

netsurfr New Member

Offer to shave her legs too... ya never know...

5. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Rodd, you turn your own handles? I really want a nice big silvertip brush but cant afford one. I was thinking about buying one of those very good priced knots from the golden nibb but dont know where to get a nice long handle. I just dont have lots of money or access to a wood shop.

6. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

"Polynesian Red- Juicy pomegranates are the core of this fragrance, with hints of pineapple, red grapefruit, green apple, mango and subtle moss."
    --obviously, it is magical. I love the scent, so does she. :D

sure do, sent you a PM, let me know what you are thinking.

7. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

So my wife has been using a silvertip I made her with some TSD soap, and some KMF cream. She still makes fun of my obsession. Anyway, today she tells me that she was telling a coworker about it, and telling them how much better shaves she gets now, and they asked my wife to bring her stuff in to show her. She then asked if I would make her a brush. ;) My wife never says much about it to me, so it was cool for me to hear that she converted someone. :D

8. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

I thought you had a complete star collection.:confused:

9. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I got the entire collection within a week, just in case she would start using them. (and because I am an obsessive collector) :o She still uses a lady quatro, but at least she is in to the brush and soap, and apparently she is more excited about it than she tells me. ;)

10. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

If only one man would fully understand women, there'd be a handbook available in the bookstores :happy102

11. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Just don't be too "macho" to shave with one of these yourself. I have a the blue version, and the long handle provides outstanding maneuverability and balance for a great shave. The similary-sized Knack, on the other hand, has terrible balance because of the all plastic handle.

12. pezspencer

pezspencer New Member

I bought a blue lady gillette for my wife, now I have to buy her a pink one, because I made the mistake (?) of shaving with the blue. I liked it so much, I have to find her another one :o

--James

13. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

So last night was my chance and I pounced. :) Whipped up a nice lather for her, and she was shaving, the razor started to pull. (I will never understand how she can just do atg passes) She tried to blame the lather, but it was the cartridge, she commented about how they don't last, and it is her last one so she had to finish with it. I offered her a solution. :D
    her: "I am not using your razors."
    me: "it's a ladies razor, it's pink!"
    her: "go get it." :D
    me: "seriously?" - as I am running downstairs

I load it up with an IP and show her how to use it. She was impressed. She asked for some packs of blades, then she asked for another razor... :eek::happy102
    Me: Seriously?
    her: For travel...
    Me: They come in light blue, lighter blue, champagne and pink
    her: pink of course
    me: (I only have the one pink, and they are hard to find) You want two the same color? Let me show you the others...

show them to her
    Her: ok, darker blue.

does my wife have RAD? :happy102

I feel like I just had a major victory. :D

14. Queen of Blades

Congrats, Rodd! ;)

15. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Men 1 Women, well whose keeping score.;)

16. Ramaniac

Ramaniac Member

Rodd, I just fell out of my chair. Actually, I am not reading this. This is another new guy going by the same title trying to get his wife into DE shaving.

Can women use this are the armpit area? And the uh... you know the... uh..uh...other area. My conern would be where the leg meets the uh..you know the uh, torso type area. Seems like a cut waiting to happen. I bet there is no video for that. Mabye we could get Mantic to do this for us.

"You want me to shave my what!!???"

17. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

you want a video of Mantic shaving where his legs meet his uh... torso? ;)

I think there are other people who can better answer these questions than myself. I will leave this one to them. But yes, it is possible.

18. Queen of Blades

Anywhere a woman can shave with a cartridge, a woman can shave with a DE or straight.

19. Destro85

Destro85 New Member

My fiancee kind of poked fun at me for a little while when I first started DE shaving. But it wasnt long before she started asking leading questions about it and wanting to know if she could use my spare SuperSpeed.

She doesnt whip up lather yet, but she shaves her legs and stuff with a DE and talks about how much better it is than a disposable Bic all the time.

She used to be hardcore "It doesnt matter what the razor looks like or how much it costs they are all the same." She just needs to get her own blades, I don't have an unlimited supply here :sick007

20. Queen of Blades

Did you get her any shaving gear for Christmas?