Stirling Glacial Margaritas in the Arctic shaving soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by crackstar, Apr 29, 2016.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Yesterday I received a lovely gift in the mail from two wonderful friends here. It's the new limited edition Stirling Glacial MITA soap which is a hyper-mentholated version of the regular version. All I can say is "Rod, you out-did yourself. You are pure genius!"

Here is my review of it:

Ease of lathering: 10/10--It's so easy to lather. Even easier than the regular version which is also super-easy!

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Relax, take your time, and enjoy - this lather lasts forever!

General skincare: 10/10--Brilliant. If you think the other Glacials are cold, this one may even be a bit colder!

Scent: 9/10--Exactly the same as the regular MITA. Citrusy and tropical. The menthol comes out more.

Price: 10/10--Mine was a gift but Rod's soaps are GREAT value as we all know!

Would I buy again: 10/10--Being a Stirling lover, a menthol lover, and a Glacial lover - absolutely! ;)

The main thing to remember about this soap is that it's so powerfully-mentholated like all the Glacials, it's necessary to keep the lather away from your eyes because the menthol fumes are sure to make them tear. I also find this soap has a slightly stronger freezing sensation than the other Glacials. Perhaps it's just the power of suggestion but I did notice the menthol effect seemed to kick in a bit quicker and it seemed a tiny bit heavier. You cannot beat the post-shave care that Rod's soaps give because they make your face feel like you went to a spa! MITA__79024_1432164074_800_800.jpg

2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

That's a great write up of a fantastic soap.

Thanks Crackstar!

3. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Great info Jeff. I really liked the regular MITA, but I'm not the menthol junkie that you are. Enjoy! (Ha! Did I even need to say that?)

4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Jeff, I can thank you for turning me on to menthol soaps. I started last summer with them after reading your reviews and love them. Stirling glacial soaps are my favorite!

:Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

RaZorBurn123, Bill G, ob1page and 3 others like this.
  5. crackstar

Glad to be of help, Jim! :) ;)

6. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

You guys just brought a tear to my eye....a menthol tear :o

RaZorBurn123, Bill G, ob1page and 3 others like this.
  7. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

:sad024::sad024::sad024:

8. crackstar

Now, now, now! :D :Animatedfrozensmily:

9. waffen

waffen Well-Known Member

Used the regular this morning with ice cold water, Heaven

10. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:)

11. navy mac

navy mac Well-Known Member

Did you find that you needed less water? Mine seemed to get thin pretty fast

crackstar and Robyflexx like this.
  12. crackstar

I use a Plissoft synthetic brush with all my soaps now and after I wet it, I shake off most of the water. If I feel I need to re-wet it I just throw a bit more water on with my fingers. Actually I find that all the new Glacial soaps, this one included seem to be a bit less thirsty. :)

Bill G, Jim99, ob1page and 1 other person like this.
  13. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Excellent review Jeff, as always! I am not tough enough for the Glacial version, but MITA is still my favorite Stirling soap. I am on my third jar. The regular menthol does it for me.

Enjoy!!!

RaZorBurn123, Bill G, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
  14. crackstar

Bob, I still love the regular MITA as much as ever and I plan to always keep it in my rotation. This Glacial version is something dynamite, however. I hope to also always have it!

Jim99, Bobcat and Robyflexx like this.
  15. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

I like it as well and would agree with your review on the soap.

Happy Shaves All,
    Bill G

crackstar and Robyflexx like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I may make fun of its name(Meeter), but it sure sounds like a great soap!

burnout961 likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

If I move back to DC in the future(which I'm looking at doing-also looking at Colorado), I could easily learn to be "tough enough" for Rod's Glacials in the hjumid, sticky summers there.

18. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Jeff is about the craziest I've seen when it comes to menthol. I'll get messages from him all winter long (and he lives in Canada, mind you) that he had a great glacial shave and followed it up with a super-mentholated splash. I do the glacials, but only at 80 degrees and above.

19. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

#%$#^$^^&^^*&( Rod!!!!
    Always making new great stuff i feel like I have to get.
    Great to hear.
    I love the glacials. Still waiting on a Glacial Electric Sheep, unless there is one already in the works.
    I can't keep em straight.

20. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Nice review Jeff. Too bad I can't handle the menthol like you and some other folks. I guess that means there'll be more for you all. :)