Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by fram773, May 7, 2014.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Batman vs Superman. The only thought I recall engaging my brain is, "Luthor has a cave troll." The rest...zzzzz. Totally overplayed every card. Affleck is surprisingly good as Wayne. He'll end up carrying whatever is left of the franchise. Good thing they couldn't cast Bale as Batman...the idea of watching him act against the guy who plays Superman would be like watching two 2x4s.

Cap America: Civil War. Entertaining, humanly engaging, interesting, tighter than Ultron, just funny enough and doesn't take itself too seriously, unlike DC. For my money, the best Marvel flick yet.

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Today we saw "Star Wars; The Force Awakens." Nice blend of humor, action & good special effects.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
    Robyflexx likes this.
  3. simms623

simms623 Well-Known Member

Angry Birds. The kids enjoyed it... the wife and I didn't care for it. I'm all for a good animated flick, this just didn't do anything for me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

Robyflexx likes this.
  4. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

So the wife and I had very fond childhood memories of repeated viewings of the Robin Williams movie, Popeye.
    My wife bought it the other day to pass those memories onto our girls. We were about 15 minutes into the movie when she and I looked at each other and said, "This movie is terrible."
    What a slow, boring, and awful movie with terrible songs this movie is. Our girls liked it but they're 8 and 4. I mentioned this to my mom this weekend and she agreed that the movie was terrible and had no idea why my brother and I liked it so much.
    So for 4.99 my wife shattered our childhood memories with the stark reality the we were poor judges of quality entertainment as kids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Erik Redd, Robyflexx and ob1page like this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Oh well, it happens that way sometimes. Some of our childhood favorites hold up (such as "The Wizard of OZ" for me) and others do not. I saw the live-action "Popeye" movie as an adult and didn't care for it, though I loved Popeye cartoons.

Robyflexx likes this.
  6. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:happy097:

7. Austinoire

Austinoire Active Member

8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Yesterday,we saw "The Intern" with Robert DeNiro & Anne Hathaway. It was funny & charming. DeNiro has quite a talent for comedy.

MoAllen and Robyflexx like this.
  9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

"To Hell and Back". Audie Murphy, today.

10. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I just watched the Revenant, excellent movie!

Robyflexx likes this.
  11. som

som Well-Known Member

Hotrod with Andy Samberg last night on cable. If you like quirky, stupid comedy like I do, it's a classic!

12. simms623

simms623 Well-Known Member

Friday we saw "13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers Of Benghazi". I thought it is a very good movie. Historically accurate..? Kind of a "he said she said" between the our government and our operatives.
    Saturday we watched "London Has Fallen". I thought it wasn't anywhere near as good as "Olympus Has Fallen".

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

13. Jack19

Jack19 Member

Weird Science; for the first time since the 80s.
    [​IMG]

Jasman and ob1page like this.
  14. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Not a movie, but just saw an old Tonight Show rerun from 1977 where the guests included Carl Sagan, Peter Falk, and Muhammad Ali. Just another Friday night for Johnny.

Last movie was The Awakening (on Netflix). I don't usually go in for ghost storirs but this was mature while still being scary.

15. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

16. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Johnny: Now be honest, that fight last week wasn't you best.
    Ali: He was a good fighter. You think I went 15 rounds with him for the fun of it?
    Johnny: Well no, but you got 2.75 million dollars. You know, I used to do some boxing in the service. I would go in with you for 2.75 million dollars.
    Ali: Who would be you beneficiary?

ob1page likes this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Last night, we saw "The Martian". Although the pacing could have been better at times, on the whole, it was a very good movie.

FatherofSquirrel likes this.
  18. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid
    Though I'm not much of a Western fan I did enjoy this movie. I thought James Coburn was excellent and Slim Pickens final scene was pretty powerful. I didn't even mind Bob Dylan's role.
    Another good movie from Sam Peckinpah. Not as good as the Wild Bunch but that movie is in my top 10 so very few movies compare to that one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    The Revenant.

ob1page likes this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

Central Intelligence. Not so much. Wait until it come to TV, then watch something else.

Via Kyocera / Tapatalk

ob1page likes this.