New Stirling Gentleman

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Bobcat, Jun 27, 2016.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Tislam idhak habibi!

ezlovan likes this.
  2. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

@BradleyD I agree. I firmly believe that artisans, particularly Stirling soaps and mama bear soaps have the absolute best value to be had out there. When you consider quality, availability, selection, slickness, and price...I believe they are unbeatable.

3. KLF

KLF Doctorin

@ezlovan Do you think there is a problem with artisan shaving soap at high temperatures getting rancid? We often have 100F here and I'm afraid my soaps will go bad. Should I put them in the fridge or freezer maybe? I'm talking about artisan shaving soap in general not a specific brand or manufacturer.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Redfisher and ob1page like this.
  4. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

@KLF I realize you didn't ask me, but I live in Texas, where it will litetally be 100+ degrees for 1/3rd of the year. I have never had a problem with soaps, even when accidentally left in the car. Having said said that, I wouldn't recommend leaving it outside just to test it out.

5. KLF

KLF Doctorin

Its ok, everyone can answer
    I was just curious about tallow based soaps, I will hate to discover that my soaps will go bad in heat. I read a thread about Cella soaps some time ago and I wanted to make sure.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Redfisher, ob1page and crackstar like this.
  6. crackstar

Don't worry Lior. Nothing will happen to any of these Stirling soaps! :)

ob1page likes this.
  7. BradleyD

BradleyD Active Member

Well they go through the usps/UPS/FedEx and the temps on those trucks in the back get pretty high I'm sure. I think it would be okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Just be careful with glycerin soaps. I once ordered some Musgo Real during the summer with 100 degree temps. When I opened the box the airtight wrapper looked like a water balloon. I put it in the fridge and it firmed back up, but if that wrapper had split it would have soaked everything.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  9. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I wouldn't leave them out in the heat and sun, but if you're referring to them being in the heat during shipment, it shouldn't be a problem.

Redfisher, AGHisBBS, ob1page and 3 others like this.
  10. crackstar

Rod, I leave my soaps, creams, aftershaves, etc in just about every place in the house, except the kitchen because I have so many. The soaps and balms, and witch hazels I have from you get the most care, however! ;)

11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

wow, you really ran the gamut on the aftershave features, even if just for samples.

Redfisher likes this.
  12. BradleyD

BradleyD Active Member

These are soap samples.

13. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Another enabling thread.... I'm currently on vacation, and see by my tracking email, I have two balms (sandalwood & Noir) and a Clubman scented puck of soap sitting in my mailbox. I've yet to meet a Stirling product I didn't love:)

ezlovan, ob1page, Bobcat and 2 others like this.
  14. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

While admiring your set up, I noticed the red tip.... I dragged mine along while on vacation this week. Nice to get reacquainted again. An old Gillette and a puck of Stirling do make a fine couple:)

15. BradleyD

BradleyD Active Member

[​IMG]

Samples came in today. That's how you do samples!

16. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Stirling's samples last forever, you're set, enjoy! :)

17. BradleyD

BradleyD Active Member

I wasn't expecting them to be an amount like this! Very surprised but happy! Sterling gentleman, gatlinburg, sharp dressed man and mountain man are my favorite smells so far.

Redfisher, ezlovan, ob1page and 3 others like this.
  18. Robyflexx

If you like face lathering, rub the puck on your face. You'll get insane lather, that way. :D

ezlovan, ob1page and BradleyD like this.
  19. BradleyD

BradleyD Active Member

I'm finding even a badger brush seems to explode soap lathers. I thought most people were partial to using boars with soaps.

20. Robyflexx

I haven't touched my synthetics in ages. I found i just prefer the natural feel of badger and boar and i like my lather better from them too. :)