How's Your Day? July 2016

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Where did you get the replacement battery? Did you need to get any special tools?

ob1page likes this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's always good news :)

ob1page likes this.
  3. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

upload_2016-7-23_15-54-36.png

I tiny pentalobe screwdriver, a phillip screwdriver and a suction cup were the main ones. It wasn't quite a easy as this video shows, but that's because the guy in the video knew what he was doing.

macaronus, ob1page and Sara-s like this.
  4. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Yesterday I was challenged to a 30 day photography challenge, starting today. Today's theme was "texture". I have been working on macro shots with my phone (as the Nexus 5x has an awesome camera) so I was excited to take today's picture. My wife is making out eldest a dress, so I though I would use that as the subject of my photograph. This is how it turned out:

Day 1 - Texture.jpg
    (please click)

I processed it as a B&W photo and added grain (noise) to the photo...I think it turned out pretty good.

I have been working like mad to perfect photography techniques, and as a result my skill has significantly improved this last month. :)

Intrigued, macaronus and ob1page like this.
  5. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Nice pic, Luke! I like the difference between the fabric and the shiny metal pins! (though I think I would have liked to see more details of the embroidery)

Please post the next 29 pics as well. I'm curious as to the themes as well as to your interpretations!

lradke and Intrigued like this.
  6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

It's day 100 of self-study Dutch and I'm enjoying it even with some grammatical frustrations. Thankfully, I haven't (as far as I know) driven Mike (@macaronus) insane yet or accidentally cursed him out. ;) He's been a great help in answering my questions.

Duolingo combined with Memrise a very good for self-study. But, naturally, most of my practice is on paper so to speak; no conversation. I dread to think how bad my accent must be because the computer's accent isn't always the best.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    macaronus likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

My building's electricity is being "improved", so in the process it'll be out for a few hours today. The library is nice and cool. Oh yeah, quiet too :). Picking up a few items on the way home(by which time I hope the power will be back on.

macaronus likes this.
  8. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Impossibru. I was born insane. How else did I turn up here? And to add insult to injury: how else could I stay over here? :p

The proof is in the pudding. So why don't you post a video so we can have a laugh we can assess your progress? :D

Sara-s likes this.
  9. Paul Turner

update-it's back on, but the police were here (or is it WAS here, @Sara-s?)...I'll have to read this week's or next week's town paper to see what THAT was about.

macaronus likes this.
  10. richgem

Laugh would probably be the right answer. But, maybe when I actually have something to say and don't need to read a paper to say it. I'll also have to torture the Limecat first because I'll be able to tell if he's just being polite. :D

macaronus likes this.
  11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Bad news- my fridge is malfunctioning. The automatic defroster is broken, so the freezer works, but the fridge isn';t cold. The repairman was here earlier.
    Good news (sort of)- to can be fixed, for much less than thee cost of a new fridge. But I have to defrost it manually, and wait a few days for the part.

macaronus and ob1page like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Many years ago, I had an "apartment" which consisted of the top floor of a one-family house. I had a SMALL fridge&freezer that appeared to "ask" for me to defrost it, as excessive ice was cutting down the space for my items in the freezer. I'd do it weekly, defrosting the whole thing, then replacing the food when the "igloo" melted.

macaronus and Sara-s like this.
  13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Another day closer! Woo-Hoo!!

14. Paul Turner

I've come a long way from Mickey Mouse to Frigidaire(although since I'm renting this apartment, the latter belongs to the owner).

15. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I'll get them up when I can!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

macaronus likes this.
  16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It went to New Jersey to do some shooting & buy some new target faces. Managed to stay cool. But we got some bad news. My husband needs surgery for the torn tendon in his elbow. This is an in-office procedure done under local anesthetic, so it's "minor". But "minor surgery" is surgery done on someone else. I know he'll be OK, but it saddens me to know he is in pain.

Erik Redd likes this.
  17. richgem

I'm sure everything will go smoothly, Sara.

It's kind of a shame these folks wouldn't help you with your archery needs. :(
    [​IMG]

18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Thanks Rich. And yes, you'd think Target would have some targets.

macaronus and richgem like this.
  19. richgem

False advertising, if you ask me.

macaronus and Sara-s like this.
  20. Paul Turner

Just how DID the name of that company develop, y'know????