Smelling like a Dad.

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Badger-Face, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Mark, that old add I'd awesome! Looks just like me! LOL

2. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

I love the smell of Pinaud Clubman best of all my aftershaves. It is hard to describe though. Everyone resorts to the barbershop smell... but there is a hint of vanilla in there (even though they have a specific Vanilla version that is even more so).

Regarding hair... I was born in '59 and I fondly remember when I had a flat top in the mid-1960's slathering a lot of Butch Hair Wax on my flat top. I loved that smell. I understand it is called Lucky Tiger now, but the company still exists. I don't sport a hairstyle that would require hair wax, but it is tempting to buy some just for the memories of that smell.

Another childhood smell that instantly transports me back to my youth is the smell of Watkins Liniment. I still have a bottle. My mom used to rub my legs with it at night when I would get leg cramps. She said that was growing pains. Now I'd probably say it was a magnesium or potassium deficiency. LOL... Regardless... it reminds me of my Mother's love for me.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    HolyRollah, trey06dmd and Mustache like this.
  3. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

Best price I've found for Clubman is $4.50 at my local Price Chopper grocery store. Wish the wife would still let me wear it. =P

4. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

Oh wow! Ya, not anywhere near that here...about double that and only seen in the pharmacy stores. I'm on the lookout now though.

trey06dmd likes this.
  5. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

Just wish they carried some of the other scents.

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Here's a fact-the Rise Super Foam I love so much is set for both men and women. Frustrates me, but at least men are included! BRING BACK THE OLD RISE!!!!

Robyflexx likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

Funny when the man(not the director)says "Put it on your face, stupid".

8. Paul Turner

was the CVS woman referring to Pinaud BR, or just BR in general?

9. Paul Turner

well, I'll try to steer it back. I prefer vintage more than modern-thus I've been happy with Mennen Skin-Bracer, Clubman, Rise Shaving cream(although they "modernized the Rise somewhat).