Old spice

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Macros42, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I don't get any hint of lime from Florida Water LOL

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I do. But, it's mixed with a lot of other scents. Either that, or my nose is playing tricks on me.

Ingredients say:
    Traditional recipes for Florida Water combine citrus notes (bergamot, lemon, neroli) with spicy notes (cloves, cinnamon) and an occasional floral accent (jasmine, rose). I doubt that Murray & Lanman still uses any natural ingredients in its Florida Water formula, but this product smells surprisingly good for something so budget-friendly. It starts with a lemon-bergamot note that has a pleasantly astringent bite. In a few minutes, the citrus quiets down a bit, and the clove and cinnamon become evident, but even on the hottest of days, these notes stay comfortably subtle. I notice some neroli peeking out from the clean, spicy dry down, and maybe just a touch of rose or some other soft floral note. It's a scent that could easily be worn by women or men of all ages. I've been splashing it on directly from the bottle, or applying it to my neck and wrists with a cotton ball. It would also give an extra-cooling sensation if it were stored in the refrigerator. It's a cologne formulation, so its fragrance fades within the hour; but it's a pleasure while it lasts, and it's tempting to reapply.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

"Smellmitment"? "Smellcome To Manhood"? Forget it, now it's called NEW SPICE. Might as well change the jingle from that great one of years past to rap music.

4. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

My bride of nearly 28 years recently informed me that she doesn't always enjoy the Avon Spicy. Hmmm, I guess since I won't be trading her in on a new model, I might need to find another scent. I suspect I'll try the currently available Old Spice from our local King Soopers.